Truck Drifting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truck Drifting

yea ok not all of us are fortunate to have a car but would someone like to explin advantages and disdvanteges of truck drifting
    Last edited by GotNismo?; 06-01-2004, 08:13 PM.

please
    Last edited by GotNismo?; 06-01-2004, 08:14 PM.

Comment

more trunk space to hall all of your tires to Drift sessions......lol

Comment

Here's some differences: Truck has very different weight distribution because it has a bed, usually front heavy. Trucks usually have leaf-spring rear suspension setups, might want to look into converting to a 4 link rear with a panhard bar if this causes problems (I imagine it would drift fine, but not sure). Suspension parts for trucks usually focus on ride height, not things that are important for racing like the dampening or spring rates (look for coilovers, they are out there). I can't consider any of these things advantages or disadvantages because I've never drifted a truck, and it really depends on peoples preferances. Its definately possible.

Comment

Is that a gto in the background? i've yet to see one on the streets. Probably location.

Comment

we GOT GTO in AUSTralia too, but they make them under the name HOLDEN instded of POINTIAC....

same spec.. i guess ...juz the nose look a bit different...
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by NOB
              we GOT GTO in AUSTralia too, but they make them under the name HOLDEN instded of POINTIAC....

same spec.. i guess ...juz the nose look a bit different...
              This i am fully aware of actually. However i've yet to see any Pontiac GTOs sold in my area. Actually the only ones i know have been sold are a board members and rhys' car.

Comment

Cape Town Truck Drifters

common, let that *Censored**Censored**Censored* out

Comment

Truck drifting - truck / car - both have 4 wheels, both would need tight suspension, power, posi and a decent weight distribution.

My El Camino (truck) has a solid rear axel, coil springs, and about 58/42 weight distribution.

And hauling a bunch of tires to an event is a big plus

for more info: http://www.z28evans.com/el_camino.htm

Attached Files

Comment

The Elcomino is cool however does it really equate to a light pickup well? or does it equate more to an older car like a cutlass or something from the same period?

either way the principal is the same, get it low, get it stiff, get a LSD and have fun.

Comment

All I know is that you are going to have to learn how to counter steer really fast because the rear likes to whip around on you. I used to do power overs in my lowered S10 all the time. I would of really tried to drift it if it wasn't for those bad cincros in the tranny.

Comment

Originally posted by prodigy
                        All I know is that you are going to have to learn how to counter steer really fast because the rear likes to whip around on you. I used to do power overs in my lowered S10 all the time. I would of really tried to drift it if it wasn't for those bad cincros in the tranny.
                        auto or manual?? My family owns a 98 S10.. my god at 110K the auto tranny has been replaced once and rebuilt at least once. And i think its having trouble again.. its the inline 4 version. I have heard nothing but bad thing about those auto trannies.

As for the manuals i havent heard much on those..

Comment

Originally posted by nissanguy_24
                          The Elcomino is cool however does it really equate to a light pickup well? or does it equate more to an older car like a cutlass or something from the same period?
                          Well, perhaps the question should be asked - what makes a vehicle a truck? There's not really anything that distinguishes it from any other truck, except it's GM B-body roots. For that matter, the DOT classifies it as a truck, not a car.

Comment

this is the most insane truck drift i have seen,
                            done on manfield park raceway during a truck race, he linked the castrol esses and held it onto the intermediate straight.
                            Attached Files

Comment

heres another shot
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X