ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I go with a C18 or save up more to get SR20.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I go with a C18 or save up more to get SR20.

Im kind of new,and im wondering if i should get a C18 engine swap for my 1989 S13 coupe.Or save up a little bit longer to swap for a SR20.I plan on drifting sometime in the future with this car.Any suggestions would be great.
    thanx

CA18 is a fine budget swap. If your not worried about displacement then go for it.

Comment

For a little more power and a lower price, go with the CA18. But if you plan on making modifications to it you might want to go with an SR20 simply because it's easier to find stuff for.

Comment

why not put some coil overs on and an lsd and learn how to drift cause it would be a shame to waste a good engine if your new and crash into somthing.

Comment

if you want to be able to replace parts quickly, just piece together a turbo for your KA. and make sure you at least have the DE motor.

all i have on my s13 is coils and it drifts fine. but having an lsd would make my exits faster thats for sure. *sigh* but its out of the budget as of now.

Comment

build a turbo KA

the KA24DE motor , with a turbo is just as good if not better than an SR20DET
            beside you should do the sus first and get track time

Comment

CA18DET. That is all I have to say.

Comment

Originally posted by prodigy
                CA18DET. That is all I have to say.

I've also been thinking of getting a CA18DET, I hear good things about them (like the ability to rev to 9k!)

The only problem is finding parts for them, does anyone know any good sites where I can find parts? Everywhere I look, there is only a few parts for the CA.

Comment

i find it shocking nobody mentioned how much more the CA weights compared to the SR.

and someone did say parts availablity, they're right. GOOD LUCK finding anything for a CA in the states that's not 100 bucks more for a similar part on a SR.

Comment

i know a couple people that order parts from japan for real cheap.i already know that if i want to do the CA18 swap it will cost around 3000 FOR ALL OF IT<ENGINE AND LABOR.the engine has around 20,000 miles on it,which is good.

Comment

prodigy if u want the number for the guy that gets me those parts, email me becuase i live in michigan too.my grandparents live in bay city and the guy is just in rochester hills.email me for more info, mcf9910@hotmail.com.

Comment

I am not running a CA yet. For now I am swapping in a KA24DE but thanks anyways.

Comment

Repost.

The search button is your friend.

Comment

i found out that the japanese companies JUN and TOMEI both have good parts for teh CA,more TOMEI than JUN.TOMEI has a lot ofthe engine internals like pistons connecting rods that type of stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by new_to_drift
                              i found out that the japanese companies JUN and TOMEI both have good parts for teh CA,more TOMEI than JUN.TOMEI has a lot ofthe engine internals like pistons connecting rods that type of stuff.
                              lol. so youre going to sell a kidney and bone marrow for these parts? cause geezus....... i seriously think you'll never get one. im just being realistic.

learn to drive with the KA and you'll be fine.

research all the motors before making a choice.

Comment

Working...
                              X