ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I wonder if we can bring this out drifting...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wonder if we can bring this out drifting...

Discount Tire joins the world of Nascar

The green flag drops and we are off to the races. Discount Tire has joined the adrenaline-pumping, speed-hungry, world-renowned sport of NASCAR. This marks the first time in company history that we have been involved with a race program of this magnitude.

Discount Tire is now the primary sponsor of a NASCAR Busch Series car and Chip Ganassi Racing driver development program, which includes 8 races during the 2004 season. Drivers for this series will be Jamie McMurray, Casey Mears and Reed Sorensen. Additionally, DTC is associate sponsor on all three Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates NEXTEL Cup Series entries.

The No. 41 Dodge, built specifically for Discount Tire, will make its NASCAR Busch Series debut on August 8th at Indianapolis Raceway Park, driven by Sorenson who is currently third in the ASA standings and a favorite for the series championship.

We believe that sponsorship in NASCAR, America's #1 spectator sport, will help build and promote the Discount Tire Brand, and we specifically chose the Chip Ganassi Racing driver development because of the similarities of that program and Discount Tire's ongoing efforts to develop our people.

Yea yea yea, its off topic....but its fun!

nock 'em dead tiger.

I have a dodge stratus, will any of the parts the dodge guy's use be availible to upgrade my stratus?

(haha im just being a smartass.. please ignore me)

seriously though good luck.

Comment

Im just lovin this. For years I have been begging Discount to join the world of racing, from grassroots and up. Its finally happening! Expect to see Discount Tire cars in many more motorsports divisions.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd@Tires.com
        Im just lovin this. For years I have been begging Discount to join the world of racing, from grassroots and up. Its finally happening! Expect to see Discount Tire cars in many more motorsports divisions.
        Thats cool. (we are bugging drifting.com for the same thing!) im wearing your red car tshirt right now! lol

Comment

hey todd, can i get a shirt too? (seriously)

Comment

Can ya wait till Irwindale?

Comment

next year? umm no. but ill prob be at DD17 June 26-27 if u gonna go there?

the thing is im moving to Israel and i wanna bring memories with me. is there any way to like, mail it to me? ill pay for S&H if i need to, i just want a memory from drifting.com . email me to get in touch more.

Comment

todd beg the *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* out of them to let you take one of the nascars to a drift event and drift it. that would be so awesome. i could be the camera man to make a video. you just have to bring a camera lol. but seriously see if you can bring one to drift. that would rock my socks. haha inside joke.

Comment

Now there's a car with some zing. No trouble puttin on a smoke show with that rig, that's for sure.

Comment

So, when you guys gonna jump into the world of baja?

Comment

lol, no baja...yet.

Yarzan, PM me and we'll work it out. Ill be at Pikes Peak on June 26-27th, and I said Irwindale because we'll be back out there in August

Comment

yea, the event is happening on June 23rd. if it's not, what day will it start.

rock.

Comment

sweet i might get a free shirt!! dude oyu rock. this is what the drift community is all about, sharing.

Comment

lol, no baja...yet.

Yarzan, PM me and we'll work it out. Ill be at Pikes Peak on June 26-27th, and I said Irwindale because we'll be back out there in August
                            what about the drifting nascar?!?!

Comment

Re: I wonder if we can bring this out drifting...

. . .the adrenaline-pumping, speed-hungry, world-renowned sport of NASCAR.
                              Haha! Is that sarcasm or were you actually being serious? I'm not trying to be negative or anything, but NASCAR doesn't really get your adrenaline flowing unless Jeff Foxworthy's jokes happen to apply to you.

Comment

Working...
                              X