new Drifting style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new Drifting style

everyone knows hybrids are selling like hot cakes. but the big hitter is that Mazda is making a Hybrid RX-8. Thats right a hybrid. so me and some smoked out friends thought the next big thing is drifting in hybrids..( dam i can't believe i actually wrote that)... What you guys think..hybrids new hot thing. come on it happen with the Ae86 and Intial D and now they're selling on ebay for like 5 grand..

Hydrogen is more powerful than gasoline, but i dunno if the hybrid-electrical engines would have the power to slide and drift.

Comment

I don't know if that's gonna work. But go and try it and if it work then you can be the first one who drift in a hybrid.

Comment

Originally posted by OH240SE
        Hydrogen is more powerful than gasoline, but i dunno if the hybrid-electrical engines would have the power to slide and drift.
        A hybrid 8 would have all the power of a current 8 except a flat 15 or 30 more horse power across the board, from 1 rpm to 7000 rpms.

Hybrid doesnt mean weak..

Comment

i agree. hybrid engine designs are something to look forward to in the future of performance. dont think that all hybrids are like the prius and the honda thing that make less than 100hp.
          look at the new eclipse concept. i belive its 450hp hybrid.
          so i really dont doubt that a hybrid will be in drifting the near future.
          its going to be a repeat of the 60's. musvle car era mostly died and in came the "crappy fuel efficient 4-cylinders". now look at the 4-cyl of today.

Comment

Watch there will be a hybrid drift king some day lol

Comment

Originally posted by URMachines
              i agree. hybrid engine designs are something to look forward to in the future of performance.
              not to mention the gas prices

Comment

there going to have to make them powerful otherwise no one will buy them. Thats kinda why I think there not selling as well gas cars right now. Most of them are ugly and slow, not very good selling points. So hopefully the car manufacters will be forced to make them how we the consumers like them.
                Last edited by Emagdnim; 06-05-2004, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Has anybody seen the mitsi eclipse conspet this year? it has a gas/hybrid electric set up. Heres the clincher..it has a 250 hp gas engine with a 50 electric engine in the front. It also has what mitsu calls the "E-BOOST" another electric engine in the back which adds another 100 hp. The car operates like any other hybrid (low-electric, higher throttle-gas) but when you accelerate fast, both the gas and the E-BOOST work togather giving you a 350 hp in a primative AWD. THhe concept did 0-60 in an estimated 5.6 and the things weightslike 3500 lbs. These things have possibilities.

Comment

Originally posted by URMachines
                    i agree. hybrid engine designs are something to look forward to in the future of performance. dont think that all hybrids are like the prius and the honda thing that make less than 100hp.
                    look at the new eclipse concept. i belive its 450hp hybrid.
                    so i really dont doubt that a hybrid will be in drifting the near future.
                    its going to be a repeat of the 60's. musvle car era mostly died and in came the "crappy fuel efficient 4-cylinders". now look at the 4-cyl of today.
                    That isn't exactly true. They just added the horsepower of the gas powed V6 and the electric motor together, and besides the weight of the electric motor and all the stuff that you need for that has to weigh that thing down. It would be interesting to actually feel how that thing performs.

Comment

Originally posted by prodigy
                      That isn't exactly true. They just added the horsepower of the gas powed V6 and the electric motor together, and besides the weight of the electric motor and all the stuff that you need for that has to weigh that thing down. It would be interesting to actually feel how that thing performs.
                      With honda's system the starter and alternator dissapear. replacing it with a series of coiled wires around a magnetic flywheel that acts as a generator and motor when nesisary. Really the only extra weight comes in the batteries. The rest pretty much cancels out. And the electric motor gives full force at low RPM. so bam. extra power ever the whole powerband when used like that.

Comment

2nd Gen Toyota Prius

Originally posted by Emagdnim
                        there going to have to make them powerful otherwise no one will buy them. Thats kinda why I think there not selling as well gas cars right now. Most of them are ugly and slow, not very good selling points. So hopefully the car manufacters will be forced to make them how we the consumers like them.
                        Toyota Prius is a hot ticket here....the factory is backlogged 6months. Most dealers here say atleast 9mo wait. Gas prices make it a nifty choice. HP is a bonus as long as you still get a descent economy increase. Hybrids are new and only dealerships mostly fix them. With a dual 500volt motor system it has enough current to kill you or fry your computers. They arent ordinary cars.
                        My auto club was presenting one at earth day at college and we had to go get it washed. I went to flip a u-turn and hit the motor brake and the ebrake as it turned. If you are unfamiliar with Prius' on the gear selector theres a motor brake which makes the motors stop driving and generate power from the free torque. Its like downshifting plus if the cvt downshifts at the same time it makes it so easy to 180. but theres no shift lash with the constant variable transmission you just stab it and it kinda does a 180/partial drift. Being FWD you just gas it and point where you wanna go, the tail will follow or not follow as you ebrake it. Its a cool car for its tech alone. Not built for drifting though. The autoclub liked it. The teacher well....none can say
                        Last edited by WytKnight; 06-05-2004, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nissanguy_24
                          With honda's system the starter and alternator dissapear. replacing it with a series of coiled wires around a magnetic flywheel that acts as a generator and motor when nesisary. Really the only extra weight comes in the batteries. The rest pretty much cancels out. And the electric motor gives full force at low RPM. so bam. extra power ever the whole powerband when used like that.
                          Well, I guess if you want hydros you don't have to worry about batteries. Oh and personally I don't think I would ever by a hybrid. They just seem so...well *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*. They seem *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*.
                          Last edited by prodigy; 06-05-2004, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Mazda isnt talking about making any kind of wussy fuel economy "synergy" driven wuss car...

They are talking about using electrical assistant on the flywheel to supercharge the engine. A super charger that doesnt take any power to run underthrottle...

Think of it as an ultra efficient roots type blower on top of a rotary engine.

Comment

so then is it possible to drift a hybrid if it was rwd right.? if thats the case i will become the first hybrid drifter ever ...unless there some guy in japan is

Comment

Working...
                              X