Need Help! Need to make decision!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help! Need to make decision!

For a while now iv'e been selling a van and some car audio to save up for a drift project. It was originally going to be a T2 FC, but every one at rx-7club just took a crap. Appareantly the FC are much harder to drift than 240's. Due to some angle relativities and a bunch of technical cases. They say it's just much easier and natrual in the s13. So now I spent all this time thinking the FC would be better to drift in (then the my friends 240 I drift in now). I don't know man. This has made me cynical and iv'e started looking for other car options such as 300z's and such ridiculous things. I just can't see my self getting a 240 like every other psuedo drifter out here. What is there left in America, I need something diffrent, then what I normally drive. Their has to be something, appearently after D-1 all the FC frivers have converted. Me being such a fan of Wankel's rotary it brought tears to my eyes. Any suggestions would be usefull.
    Peace

do what YOU want, not what some people on a forum tell you to do. dont be a tool.

and yes, RX-7s are harder to drift in.

Comment

chill baby girl! I just want to hear people's opinions, gather up their knowledge into one bundle and make my decision. I need to hear something out of personal experiance, from what I hear on the rx7club forums it is impossible for the rx-7 to handle the turns better then the 240. I wouldn't care about if it was harder, if anything I like the challenge. I just don't want to be stuck in a dead end ( from what it sounds like on the rx7club forums). Anyways I just want to see what Rwd vehicles haven't been drifted in America yet. I didn't mean for you to get emotional sorry.
      **fight the power right on, don't be a tool espicially not for school then you would be a fool** ( I feel you and I hope you feel my sarcasm) Honestly what other options would you guys liek to see drifting out there.
      Last edited by AssumingApex; 08-05-2003, 03:01 AM.

Comment

ill give you some advice anyway, cause im a nice guy.

modifications (moving the angle of the strut towers, for example) can make things easyer. in fact theres MANY things you can do to help make the RX-7 a better drift car, but its more on the hardcore side of things, like a dedicated track car, or if your comfortable with those things. if youre really serious about it, you should contact a guy named Ted Koseki (RETed).

if youre just starting to learn to drift, i would NOT recomend an RX-7. who cares about bandwagons and shit. you should concentrate on getting skill before worrying about "being different". nothing is different, everything has been done. maybe you should re-evaluate your reasons for wanting to be a "drifter".

and thats all youll get from me.
        Last edited by boro240; 08-05-2003, 03:32 AM.

Comment

For someone that hasn't even started yet, and worrying about bandwagon.... they must be a poser...

Sorry to be mean, but it's really true... Who cares what you drive, as long as you are happy with it.

So what if the FC is more difficult to drift. If you keep with it and master it, that makes you a better driver.

But for you to wonder, and worry about what would be easier, and not wanting to be looking like a bandwagonier...

...you must be a poser...

FYI, for the record, S14 is the easiest car to drift... lol... Long wheelbase, wide track, stiffer chassis than S13, better rear suspension geometry, etc... The chassis loves to hang the backend out...

Comment

i drive an FC. it was the car that i learned how to drift in. i have never driven a 240, so i can't tell you which one is better for drifting. i can tell you that the FC was not hard for me to learn how to drift. if you do get a rotary powered car, start w/ a n/a one. they are cheaper to start off w/, cheaper to repair, and cheaper to insure. you should also learn all about n/a rotary before you move on to a turbocharged one. join up at www.teamfc3s.org everybody there is less of an asshole than on rx7club. the people at teamfc3s are al very informative rather than being *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* like the rx7club guys.

Comment

i drive a miata now...it's fun to drift it (but challenging)....before that i had a mustang 5.0 and it was super hard to drift that (tail whip happy beast). i personally don't like the way I feel in the S13....others do. i'm very comfortable in my miata (but i'm only 5' 6" too). my buddy has a FC and loves it. we both are learning (and suck hard) but you have to get what you want. don't listen to what other people say to get....get what you feel right in. are some cars easier to drift than others? sure. should that stop you from getting that car if you feel right in it and like it? NO!

Comment

Woah Woah hold up. First of all I'm not a newb at drifting. I don't know who said I was. I junked my last 240 because I felt like I was done with it (gave it to my friend). Thinking that moving up to the FC was my next step. Just because i'm a newb on this board sure as hell doesn't mean I'm a newb at drifting. I see you guys have ego problems but that's ok I'll forgive you. Now i'm going to say this for what has to be the 4th time in this thread what else would you like to see drifting. All I'm asking you guys is what other RWD cars would you like to see drifting. I might become redudant but it seems like the only way to get to you guys. Oh Babygirl! It's an expression for people who tend to over react like you did. Oh and no I'm not 16 or 17. I'm 20 and I work at a shop that specializes in Wankel's Rotary. So let's try this again what RWD vehicles haven't you seen drifting in America. It's funny how i'm trying to bring up an intresting topic but instead you guys bombard me with your ego noob bull*Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*. I swear if you guys give me more tears I'm going to have to plead a moderator lock it.

Comment

Oh by the way your horribly wrong

2. S14 are no where near as easy to drift as a 180sx or say a 240, I know this from personal experiances, then again I favor oversteers. But it is said that they went for too much luxury in the S14 and didn't really focus on the proper weight distrobution as they did before.
                  So before you start to make any other ultimatums, I would have to remind you that all ultimatums are wrong.
                  Last edited by AssumingApex; 08-05-2003, 02:14 PM.

Comment

i have an fc ... i learned to drift in a 240sx but feel i can do it better in my fc....i dont see why its a hard car to drift

anyways...assumingapex --- rx7club is pretty annoying the guys are losers --- if you wanna have a good time and learn about rotary try out www.nopistons.com and www.teamfc3s.org

later

Comment

you could also always swap a 13b into an s13 or sr20 into fc its been done

Comment

well the first car i have ever drifted was a 240. and the second an FC. my third id my current car my ae86. the FC feels nicer. so i dont really see what the problem is. get an FC.

perfect expample is drift all corners. he started in an FC.

everyone says it all the time. its just practice.

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by AssumingApex
                          [B]Oh by the way your horribly wrong

2. S14 are no where near as easy to drift as a 180sx or say a 240, I know this from personal experiances, then again I favor oversteers. But it is said that they went for too much luxury in the S14 and didn't really focus on the proper weight distrobution as they did before.
                          So before you start to make any other ultimatums, I would have to remind you that all ultimatums are wrong.
                          I still stand by my statement...

If you are really hurt by #1, then I've hit a sore spot, so you are a poser.

#2. S14's are easier. Chassis dynamic is much nicer. Yes, S13 are more nimble, but you can do a lot with a S14

As for drifting newbie, do you compete? Do you do track events? For someone that claims to be already in the sport, your question on drift car is questionable...

Comment

who the hell works at a rotary specific shop and doesn't drive a rotary powered car... that's blashphemous. around here you would be shot by 8 puerto ricans... lol. i would give my leg to work at my local rotary shop.

Comment

Originally posted by AssumingApex
                              Woah Woah hold up. First of all I'm not a newb at drifting. I don't know who said I was. I junked my last 240 because I felt like I was done with it (gave it to my friend). Thinking that moving up to the FC was my next step. Just because i'm a newb on this board sure as hell doesn't mean I'm a newb at drifting. I see you guys have ego problems but that's ok I'll forgive you. Now i'm going to say this for what has to be the 4th time in this thread what else would you like to see drifting. All I'm asking you guys is what other RWD cars would you like to see drifting. I might become redudant but it seems like the only way to get to you guys. Oh Babygirl! It's an expression for people who tend to over react like you did. Oh and no I'm not 16 or 17. I'm 20 and I work at a shop that specializes in Wankel's Rotary. So let's try this again what RWD vehicles haven't you seen drifting in America. It's funny how i'm trying to bring up an intresting topic but instead you guys bombard me with your ego noob bull*Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*. I swear if you guys give me more tears I'm going to have to plead a moderator lock it.
                              i think you are over reacting a bit. you asked a stupid *Censored**Censored**Censored* n00b question. you got a few opinions... what do you expect?

Comment

Working...
                              X