New into Drifting, but I can't drive.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New into Drifting, but I can't drive.

I'm new into Drifting, I don't have a license yet but I been into Drifting for 100 years now ever since I saw Henry Ford slide the model A around his field"

Does this sound familiar? I see this way too many times to try and make sense of it. It seems that 90% of the people that subscribe to this forum and start posting fall into this catagory. The worst is when they try to argue with you or tell you things about driving when they can't even drive. That is annoying. Here's some sure fire ways to stay off the flame list.

1. If you can't legally drive, DON'T argue driving technique with someone who can. That's like arguing Pimping techniques with Mr Whitefolks from Detroit (www.pimpsup.com). You can't do it and you end up pissing people off.

2. Keep quiet. If you are new, read EVERYTHING you can read about every aspect of Drifting, THEN start posting. Also get some practical experience before shooting your fingers off at someone.

3. Get you OWN car. Don't drift your parents and think that this is somehow remotely cool. Maybe to you it's not enough that they spent all their money and all their time that they could have been using to go overseas and live in Amsterdam or follow the Grateful Dead around to country, to raise YOU. Then you go out and trash their car. Ungrateful brat.

4. Don't be lazy. Do things on your own. Find things on your own. Free your mind and the body will follow.

5. Be nice. Don't pop up on here arguing with everyone and everything just to get your name out there. Don't be a post whore. Who cares if you have 1 post or a million. Some of the best info comes from Foilman. His post count doesn't even exceed a hundred at last check.

6. LISTEN to your elders. They may be 2 years older than you, but if they have been driving that 2 years, then they are your elder. Experience is everything in this sport. Without it, you got nothing except maybe a broken car and a bruised ego. Learn to burn.

Follow these few simple rules and all will be well in drifting land. The people that get the most respect follow them. Walk softly and carry a big stick, that applies the best to this sport. Don't shoot off at the mouth and go out there and lay it down. Too many people blab and blab, but when they time comes, they can't deliver the goods. Don't be that guy.
    Last edited by Ghost of Duluth; 06-06-2004, 08:31 AM.

No love for the Model T?

That last line seems familiar..

Follow these few simple rules and you won't get your *Censored**Censored**Censored* kicked by the police.

I agree with rule number 2.A good place to goto is www.howstuffworks.com .Very technical,very useful.I recommend their rotary article,has everything you need to know to understand the engine,diagrams and gifs included.

Comment

i like this...rules to fallow...thanks

Comment

i agree with everything. simply put you HAVE to listen to Ghost of Duluth, or you should be shot. In the mouth.

Comment

or shot in the wang

Comment

Way to go man this should so be a stickied post.

Comment

i fall into that category and i understand what you are saying. I try most of the time to not say stuff i dont actually know about, but hey sometimes it slips, i guess its just the kid in me
              Last edited by Xantos; 06-12-2004, 09:44 PM.

Comment

haha, I remember how I used to criticize other ppl my age when they argued but couldnt drive but I still posted something in the "how many people work on there own cars". I was pissed at some guy on how he remarked to a question I made on the thread and I replied. It was stupid though so I deleted it ASAP after I read my own post.

Comment

Originally posted by Spy001
                  i agree with everything. simply put you HAVE to listen to Ghost of Duluth, or you should be shot. In the mouth.
                  mouth? in the eyeball is better. wang is ok too. maybe both. or all three..

Comment

Originally posted by Spy001
                    mouth? in the eyeball is better. wang is ok too. maybe both. or all three..

Comment

ahhhh very well said there Ghost of Duluth........
                      i think most if not all new members should read that before posting ANYTHING!!!

Comment

i completely agree with your point's since i can't drive yet but have a huge understanding of vehicles performance etc

Comment

Amen,.....this forum should have a probationary period for newbies...so that when they post stupid crap...they can be booted...*just a thought*... ...

Comment

Working...
                          X