ATTN: DODGE Drift the magnum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATTN: DODGE Drift the magnum

Dear dodge, Please add a Dodge Magnum wagon to your drift lineup along side the Viper.. This Excellent car has indipendent rear suspension, comes standard with a 190 hp 2.7 liter v6, and can be had with a 250 hp v6, or a 350 hp hemi v8...

This car is heavy, 3800 pounds or so, However there is plenty that can be stripped out to reduce the weight.. Best of us the base model starts at 22k. The whole thing is rear wheel drive with plenty of power.. I would love to see a stripped out base model drifting along side your high dollar viper.

The only down side to this great car is its only availible in an automatic. I hope to see a manual version soon.

I think overall this will deffenately make an impression on younger guys who like your involvement on the viper, but want to see a less expensive car drifting.

I also understand your want to put a hemi v8 in your drift car. However i think it will be better from a marketing point of view to pick the base model, and craft some kind of twin turbo kit to can be had threw mopar to produce power with the cheaper varient.. It will go over well with the drift community.

- Thank you for reading this.

I am posting this in the hope that someone from dodge, or dodges drift team will see it.. I know Sam's been on here, so im hoping this will get passed to the right people. What do you guys think about it?

i remember thinking that the magnum was too tall for anything like drifting, until i saw it at the NY international auto show. Since seeing it there, it seems to be of a good height, but the length of it might be a little difficult. (or maybe it just looked too long) but it has all the mechanicals, and the right price!

Comment

yes yes, i also envision a Chrysler 300 workin magic on the track

Comment

Maybe dodge should design a sports coupe on the platform for a similar price.. for us drifters.. or even a sports sedan. sell it with the smaller motor, with lots of upgrades from mopar, make it all very cheap, like the dodge neon, but costing a few grand more.

Comment

u want them to develop it.. but would YOU buy it?? lol good question to think about.

Comment

Originally posted by MrodDrft
            u want them to develop it.. but would YOU buy it?? lol good question to think about.
            I dont buy new cars. But many do. Look at how many are buying new Z cars? those things are flying off the shelf. and im not asking them to develope anything new, Just work on a product line from mopar for it and release it in a manual transmission.

I want to see them drift it though.

Comment

http://moddinart.com/wallcrash.wmv

fun car to drift in, really. Be careful out there.

Comment

Wasnt the Charger basically a Magnum Sedan? Sam didn't have much luck with it.
                Last edited by Drift Brick; 11-18-2008, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Drift Brick View Post
                  Wasnt the Charger basically a Magnum Sedan? Sam didn't have much luck with it.

You could say that, but it was only drifted for a year. Another year of development, it could have probably done better.

Comment

Working...
                  X