Looking for a car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a car

Well, i get my drivers in a ew weeks, and was looking at a car to fix up and start to learn to drift in. I was thinking a AE86, 180 or 240sx, s13, possibly a s14. And even a Datsun 510. What ever i bought would probably be all trashed, which i dotn have a problem with because i want to fix what ever i get up and turn it into a drifter. The problem i have is insurace, i have money to get a screwed car, but at my age and my first car, id like something that going to give me cheap insurace for a little while. Along with being a drifter, im also going to be using the car for everyday use. So, im asking you guys on which one you think is a good frist choice for me. What ever i get ill probably screw up learning to drift, so what do you guys think. This first car is mainly a learning car.

If you have other suggestions plz post them.

annnd you wont be able to get a 180sx if you dont live in japan or have it shipped to you..and an s13 is the 240sx..there are no real silvia s13's in the states, only coupe rear and hatchback head lights..people do conversions to get the s13 projectors in the front. there is the 240sx coupe and the 240sx fastback...insurance is gonna be a lot for a 16 year old...mine was

get the 240sx, its one of your cheapest choices...86's are pretty expensive nowadays annnd you wont beable to get a 180sx..so go 240...and learn to drive before you drift...if you curb it or hit something and kill the suspension or somethin, then you wont beable to drive or drift

Comment

so you'll be willing to import a 180sx as a cheap first car! good plan!!

[TEXT EDITED]

Comment

http://www.drifting.com/forums/showt...6880#post66880

Comment

how does your 510 do for drifting? it looks nice as hell

Comment

Originally posted by nissanguy_24
            http://www.drifting.com/forums/showt...6880#post66880

ive read that whole thing and understand what it says, I just wanted advice on a car. My dad does a little drifting in his Datsun 2000, and that thing can take you for a ride, ive been with him when it got a little out of hand. But i do know it will be a long learnign porcess. Ive also been driving for a while now, so that only need minor adjustments, but ill mature and learn as i go.

And as for the 180, didnt really know that it was a japanese only car, im good with cars, but when it comes to their avalability in the states i get a little hairy on that. So, ill try for a 240, or something similiar.

Thanks guys

Comment

those cars are overated.... Go VIP hehe, if u don't have the cash, i'd go for a nice 510 as well, tahts just my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by DriftinCressida
                those cars are overated.... Go VIP hehe, if u don't have the cash, i'd go for a nice 510 as well, tahts just my opinion
                I believe those cars to be rated correctly

Comment

Originally posted by markeese180sx
                  how does your 510 do for drifting? it looks nice as hell
                  its not bad, its similar to an 86 in handling characteristics. mine has a purty built engine so it has no problem with spining the tires, even with the grippy 205s. its a great car.

and for my edited text, basically i was being sarcastic, pointing out that the 180sx is not a usdm car.

Comment

like i said in another post... LEARN HOW TO DRIVE A CAR NORMALLY BEFORE YOU TRY TO LEARN HOW TO DRIFT!

Comment

trust me, i will. Infact thats probably what ill be ding for a while, because once i get a car, i wont have enough to pay for tires. And tires can be a pain in the a$$ especially if you practice a lot

Comment

dude just drift with no treads...itll be totally safe as a daily driver too.........or not...

Comment

haha, it could be if you drive only in dry weather. But a little fun in the rain doesnt hurt everynow and then

Comment

Working...
                          X