OPTION Videos - Please Read

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OPTION Videos - Please Read

hay you guys should really take advantage on these videos that are being realeased to us with sub titels.... i just watched the D1 USA vid and i was really happy that they showed all the in car footage, thats how you can learn from the best on what to do because just seeing it out side the car cant help you as much as the in car view.... good *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*.

when i first started all i had was a full tank of gas and alot of vids, to know what the hell they are doing and try to master their skills. they are human just like us so if they can do it so can we, take advantage of this and Option Vid US D1 is a must cause of all the bonus in car footage, theirs nothing to loose but alot to gain........study hard
    Last edited by A.YEN; 06-07-2004, 12:21 AM.
    DRIVE SAFE ANDY YEN SWING Battle

The older option videos are f*$%ing hardcore!

There's one in particular which comes to mind, right around the end of the 2001 season where Nomuken takes some randon guy off the street and shows him how to drift in his BNR34. There is also a quick DIY for sleepy-eye headlights on a 180sx and a bunch of drift-club exhibitions as well a s really quick Nighttime Touge clip. (anyone know which #? I've been looking for it!)

-MR

Comment

option is bad *Censored**Censored**Censored*. so is drift tengoku. i have 114 and it starts off with katsuhiro tearin up some california touge in the d'sift car.

Comment

Re: please read " option vids"

Originally posted by A.YEN
        hay you guys should really take advantage on these videos that are being realeased to us with sub titels.... i just watched the D1 USA vid and i was really happy that they showed all the in car footage, thats how you can learn from the best on what to do because just seeing it out side the car cant help you as much as the in car view.... good *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*.

when i first started all i had was a full tank of gas and alot of vids, to know what the hell they are doing and try to master their skills. they are human just like us so if they can do it so can we, take advantage of this and Option Vid US D1 is a must cause of all the bonus in car footage, theirs nothing to loose but alot to gain........study hard
        its better to just go out there rather than study video's. if you want to study any video's than film yourself and see what youre doing wrong. thats the best way to learn.

Comment

Haha, Andy is on plenty of video - I'm sure that he'll be able to see a lot of himself on TV soon...

-MR

Comment

Re: Re: please read " option vids"

Originally posted by marshun
            its better to just go out there rather than study video's. if you want to study any video's than film yourself and see what youre doing wrong. thats the best way to learn.
            but with the in car cams or the japanese drivers you can really learn the little things that you cant see....vids of your self is good also because you cant see whats going on out side of your car but youll learn alot more from the pros than your self. not everyone get a chance to ride with a pro from japan and im sure you are more than willing to do so why, to learn what the hell is going on inside the car, you can only get better from learning from the best well i dont wan tto say that to up set anyone but thats what i think, when im stuck and thinking thats all i know what to do behind the wheel i goback to the vids an dstudy more.
            for example, running off of the Irwandal Speed Way bank you know the pros use 4th grear, but how do they use it, buy looking from the out side view you cant even tell they are using 4th you can only guess with the speeds. And you think the only time they are using the e breaks is when the rear wheels lock up but not all drivers lockhem up bu tthey still use them why? thats where the vids come in to hand...
            DRIVE SAFE ANDY YEN SWING Battle

Comment

they use the e brake a little to slow down the rear wheels so they can keep the drift going longer or to set up for the next turn. It's just like stabbing the front brakes if you get into understeer at speed will cause the rear end to come around. It's all about shifting the weight around while you're going. Like they say there's a difference between seeing the path and walking the path. Everyone's car and or setup is different so it doesn't really do any good to watch someone else driving thier car because it's thier car. If you hop in your car and try to do the same thing it may come out totally different than what the other person did. just my $0.02

P.S.
              let me rephrase that. It's won't do any good to go out and totally copy what someone else is doing is what should said. You can always learn little tricks and stuff, but you really have to find your own waying of doing said thing rather than copying someone else.
              Last edited by baboon's a$$; 06-08-2004, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Yea, but watching someones whose better can set u in the right patch and then u take the little things u learn from them and morph it into ur own stuff.. also just my 2 cent.
                ..watch out 50 only 48 more to go, lol dur (...morph??)

Comment

truth be told..I watched videos and then practice on my own when i started out. It's the best way to learn if you have no one to learn from. Heck, record yourself and critique it..humm, note to self: do what you just suggested.
                  Last edited by SilviaLove; 06-09-2004, 12:20 AM.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: please read " option vids"

Originally posted by A.YEN
                    but with the in car cams or the japanese drivers you can really learn the little things that you cant see....vids of your self is good also because you cant see whats going on out side of your car but youll learn alot more from the pros than your self. not everyone get a chance to ride with a pro from japan and im sure you are more than willing to do so why, to learn what the hell is going on inside the car, you can only get better from learning from the best well i dont wan tto say that to up set anyone but thats what i think, when im stuck and thinking thats all i know what to do behind the wheel i goback to the vids an dstudy more.
                    for example, running off of the Irwandal Speed Way bank you know the pros use 4th grear, but how do they use it, buy looking from the out side view you cant even tell they are using 4th you can only guess with the speeds. And you think the only time they are using the e breaks is when the rear wheels lock up but not all drivers lockhem up bu tthey still use them why? thats where the vids come in to hand...
                    idunno. when i drift at a new spot i usually figure these kinds of things out myself.

but i see what yer gettin at.

Comment

Andy, you need to make it to Sean's BBQ! You missed the Sushi meet, don't miss out on the BBQ though.
                      -Tim
                      Nightvelocity@hotmail.com

Comment

Working...
                      X