Just met Tarzan @ Benihana!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just met Tarzan @ Benihana!!

Met my roommate at Benihanas in Newport Beach tonight for dinner, and noticed the Viper sitting at the entrance... it wasn't the first time I had seen the car but its always a treat when you get to see such an awesome car and touch

The whole time throughout dinner we where talking to the sushi chef about Japanese movies and anime.. he mentioned he saw Initial D 4'th Stage, etc... and we tried seeing if he could get us tickets to JGTC in Dec.... since he works at Beninihana

As w'ere leaving I notice a few suits walking in guess who walks in with his Vaka-mon shirt and flip flops Tarzan Yamada! He was super cool!! I was like hey your Tarzan! and he was like you know who I am? I said yeah I follow all your races and saw you drive at D1 in the Viper etc.... then the team owner gave us some stickers and said they just got back from practice at Daytona, and Tarzan would be at Formula D in Houston this weekend. Told him I'd see them there and that it will be my first time competing... they said good luck

If anyones local in Orange County... you can probably still catch them as they probably won't finish dinner for another hour

HAHAH, dude thats awesome......he's pretty crazy......cool find....is that restuarant any good? going to go there this weekend

Comment

Food is good, not really traditional Japanese, but good. We usually do the happy hour 5-7:30 sushi bar with $1.00 sushi and $3.00 beers... all you can drink green tea, miso soup and salad. Never leave hungry If you go to the one in Newport make sure to ask for sushi chef Hideki, he's awesome! He makes the best natto hand rolls

Comment

yeah, tarzan came to drift tech a little while ago, and took some pics, it was funny, he is average japanese hieght... and im 6'6....

Comment

tarzan is bad *Censored**Censored**Censored*...
          i met him at motoRex a few times
          it would of ben better if i knew japanese
          Last edited by Drift IT; 06-08-2004, 10:37 PM.

Comment

let me get some of those stickers dude

Comment

If you want to see the top drivers and gurus from Options or other top Japanese tuners, just go to the Japanese hostess bar before D1. I'm not saying which one though :X

Comment

tarzan is in the US for the texas formula D event, and he just finished a photo shoot for super street; its a step by step instructional on how to drift

Comment

i wanna meet tarzan. i met fumiaki and bai and those team julius peoples. all of them very nice. and i got to look at everything on their cars.

i want all that suspension stuff

Comment

did he make a BIG *Censored**Censored**Censored* scene like he usually does? thats freakin awesome man. congrats.

rock.

Comment

Working...
                    X