Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q's lookin for A's

In Japan or the US are there any----
    -Drift events where AWD or FWD cars allowed?
    -Drift events held on closed roads or mountains as opposed to tracks?

Well at any of the drift events over here is southern cali, I don't think there is any restrictions on cars. I've seen some civics out there, and a wrx...I want to see some trucks, but there isn't any out there yet. Well to the events I've gone to.

They won't have any on closed roads or mountains, because that would take alot of work to get the city its in permission as well as the state. Theres a risk to the surrounding as well as the poeple them selves, would really look bad if someone went over the edge and the goverment allowed it to happen.

We do it on tracks because its private property, and you can do what you want, if the onwers allow it.

Comment

drift events such as competitions or just open events?

private events such as drift days dont care about your car as long as you pay your money and be safe.

i think d1 only regulates the awd fwd thing but i think most smaller comps mimic the rules of d1.

i dont think they will be able to have drift events legally on public roads anywhere in the US because of the hassle to get approval from the cities, insurance, ect.

Comment

Re: Q's lookin for A's

Originally posted by GC8_Kei
        In Japan or the US are there any----
        -Drift events where AWD or FWD cars allowed?
        -Drift events held on closed roads or mountains as opposed to tracks?
        From a US stand point (CA to be exact)

- yes AWD and FWD are allowed at drift events. Its just up to them to sign up. None of the drivers will critcize you for haveing either. But the spectators on the other hand might. I think spectators that comment are the worst though. They think they know all yet their the ones sitting out there watching. But yes ive seen a FWD at a drift event a RS Eclipse to be exact. Ive seen a number of AWDs too mostly WRXs.

-I have no idea why you even ask this question. Use some common sense. Would you hold a drift event in the moutains? no. For safty reasons. When your drifting at a event you want a safe environment where you can push yourself to the limit and not worry about crashing or kiling yourself.

Comment

oh i have a question about LSD because i am not really sure about them. when a normal car loses traction it sends all the power to one of the wheels and a car equiped with lsd both wheels spin no matter what?

Comment

the reason i asked about racing on closed streets and mountains ect. is because of games like Automodelista which have tracks like Roku hill and Akagi mt. I know that they are video games but was wondering if that actually went on not just in the states. Furthermore, even if im at a track I still worry about crashing ect. After all your normally traveling faster on a track.

about the LSD- First of all this post isnt about that if you wanted to ask start a new post but there are different types of Limited slips. The one used more for drifting transfers power to the outside wheel.

Comment

Originally posted by blargonator
              oh i have a question about LSD because i am not really sure about them. when a normal car loses traction it sends all the power to one of the wheels and a car equiped with lsd both wheels spin no matter what?
              Search.

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/differential.htm

Comment

The one used more for drifting transfers power to the outside wheel.
                ...as opposed to an lsd used for another type of motorsport?

Comment

Working...
                X