Drifting.com Logo design poll.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drifting.com Logo design poll.

ok you guys. here we go. this is the voting section for all of the submissions. there are three parts to the poll. please view them all before you vote. you may vote once on each page (not intentional but thats the way it happened to work out).

EDIT: please click these other links for the rest of the poll.
    Drifting.com Logo design poll part 2.
    Drifting.com Logo design poll part 3.
    chrisfromda909- chris banner 1
    2.38%
    chrisfromda909- chris banner 2
    4.76%
    winding master- super powerful logo
    7.14%
    sfdjflip- shaolins finest
    30.95%
    rooney- yay!
    7.14%
    formula drifter- Drift 180 Slider logo
    4.76%
    driftincressida- Blur Into the Drift
    4.76%
    mroddrft- nothing much lol
    0.00%
    nemesis- hows this look?
    2.38%
    vigvoodoo- 1
    35.71%
    Last edited by ; 06-10-2004, 07:27 PM.

designs
    chrisfromda909
    chris banner 1

chris banner 2

WINDING Master
    super powerful logo

sfdjflip
    shaolins finest

rooney
    yay!

FormulaDrifter
    Drift 180 Slider logo

DriftinCressida
    Blur Into the Drift

MrodDrft
    nothing much lol

Nemesis
    hows this look?

vigvoodoo
    1, 2 and 3 (they were saved as one image).
    i sure hope that everybody that voted for vigvoodoo 1 knows that it is the orange logo on top and not the metal and silver one below it. the metal and silver are on the second voting thread under the titles of vigvoodoo 2 and 3...
    Last edited by ; 06-11-2004, 12:33 AM.

Comment

Vote for me and I'll give you a dollar. J/P.

Comment

vote for me and i'll burn u a copy

Comment

your not supposed to post on here. its a voting thread only. and i cant believe you guys voted for shaolins finest. its so initial D rice looking.

Comment

hey, where's GoukiS14's logo(s)?

Comment

uh... please tell me those were just t-shirt ideas...
              Last edited by ; 06-11-2004, 12:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisfromda909
                your not supposed to post on here. its a voting thread only. and i cant believe you guys voted for shaolins finest. its so initial D rice looking.

lol rice lookin ...

ok like u never watched initial d ... lets b honest if it wasnt for initial d a lot of ppl wouldnt even know what drifting is ..... Im sorry i wasnt driftin with Keiichi Tsuchiya like im sure u was from day 1 ....... not every 1 can b as jdm as you

the whole design if from where >>>>> I <<<< became intrested in drifting the d is inspired from initial d the kanji text says HASHIRIYA like the dvd where i watched real cars drifting for the first time

me and my design are not rice or even rice lookin im bout the furthest from rice on here

sorry bout the long post .. got a lill pissed bout the rice comment , calling me rice is so far from the truth .... proceed with your poll

n please explain to me how a design can be rice

Comment

man no need to get your panties in a twist... i have watched initial D and i enjoy it, but i know its a freakin cartoon... and its considered like the rice of drifting from what ive gathered. thats why i dont like it. SilviaLove said too that he felt it was from initial D. i just dont liek it cuz when i think of initial D i think fake drifting. but yeah i dont see where u had to come in like i was trying to be all high and mighty saying i was driftin since the beginnin of ime and shiz. that was just uncalled for. i was postin my opinion, you were just actin a fool.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisfromda909
                    ... i have watched initial D and i enjoy it, but i know its a freakin cartoon... and its considered like the rice of drifting from what ive gathered. thats why i dont like it..... ...... . i was postin my opinion, you were just actin a fool.
                    ok look at what you wrote ..... you made your opinion based upon the opinion of others ..... you clearly stated you liked initial d till you found out that other people didnt like it so you didnt like it any more n i think thats the most "rice-boy" statement i have ever heard

You sir, YOU are a follower, YOU depend on other people to make up YOUR mind and that my friend is the true essence of the term "rice boy" .....

how in the world can initial d b the rice of drifting when

1) the editorial/technical supervisor is Keiichi Tsuchiya read the credits
                    2) its a cartoon

to all the "younger" ppl on the board

dont b scared to think independant

gather information (facts not opinions) and make your own intelligent opinion ... dont let your opinion b made ... dont end up like this guy
                    Last edited by sfdjflip; 06-11-2004, 03:56 AM.

Comment

passing judgement..humm.. give them the benefit of the doubt. This person is still young, you can blame them for that. Everbody goes through that stage. I pretty sure Chris does not like your design but doesn't know exactly why or how to articulate exactly why. I'm not sure why they considers it "rice" but they may have good reason, due to their fields of exprience, social cultural, and development stages. Afterall, it is one of more popular animes for people who are fascinated with cars and drifting. I love that anime and i think its a fantastic story, although it is not totally realistic, its is breath of fresh air from the usual anime line up (I have being into anime since i was a kid). As for me, I feel that you design is good, but when people use existing things as a bases of their idea its overall appeal is little to none. Its seems to have a novelty appeal, which most people will like, but in the light of the fact that it is similiar to something else, originality is not its strength. Now, i'm not bashing you or your work (i said it was good, more that once). I'm saying that if was more innovative/original in concept the issue would be null and people wouldn't have said anything.

Comment

Originally posted by sfdjflip
                        ok look at what you wrote ..... you made your opinion based upon the opinion of others ..... you clearly stated you liked initial d till you found out that other people didnt like it so you didnt like it any more...
                        i would have said the same thing about it looking ricey if silvialove hadnt said it anyway. i just used him as an example. i did like initial D and i still do. i said i didnt like it because some people seem to think that its real drifting. i still watch it, i still enjoy it, and i know that its not real. i couldnt give a *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* less how many people dont like it, im still gunna watch it. dont judge me because i said i didnt like your banner. would you like to see initial D stickers on all you favorite drivers cars? i know i wouldnt.

Comment

Nock it off.

And for the record i like initial D alot.. go Iketani! get that hot sil80 babe!

Comment

Working...
                          X