X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Viper Competition Coupe"

"The Viper Competition Coupe cannot be titled for highway use."

http://www.seriouswheels.com/top-200...tion-Coupe.htm

Not to be a sore loser but if the mopar viper competition coupe is not street legal, why is it allowed to compete in formula drift?

cause its based of the viper dumb head

Comment

dont turn this sport ghey with a bunch of dumb competition limitations

Comment

I could see if they worked with the SRT-10.

Dodge Viper SRT-10 Convertible – Originally unveiled at the 2001 North American International Auto Show, the 2003 Viper SRT-10 offered a first look at the third chapter in the Dodge Viper history. The SRT-10 is a true convertible with a more powerful V-10 engine (500 hp, 525 lb.-ft. of torque and 505 cubic inches displacement) and a new design inspired by the GTS/R concept.

Comment

Originally posted by J-BloodAE86
          dont turn this sport ghey with a bunch of dumb competition limitations
          That attidude will turn american drifting into tube framed, painted on headlights, unibodied, drift specific, sponser driven super cars.

Comment

Originally posted by my 1 88 u
            That attidude will turn american drifting into tube framed, painted on headlights, unibodied, drift specific, sponser driven super cars.
            I cant agree more.

The D1 has a very specific rule. ALL CARS MUST BE STREET CARS. And Formula D has a very similar rule. Why is the Viper allowed to run then? Probably because mopar has alot of money and alot of swing with Formula D. Its not something im very happy about.

Mopar could of very easily gone to a street legal viper. However i guess they figured the fact that they are dodge would be good enough instead of following the rules.

Comment

If thats what you want then start a league with no rules and regulations. If not i think it is unsportsman like to not adhere to the rules set.

Comment

someones gotta email dodge/mopar or a news editor cause this is depressing. I mean, tube chassis are ugly. And i was starting to like mopar/dodge. Not anymore

It's not like the viper samual hubinette uses is a competition coupe viper...right?
                Last edited by s0nny80y; 06-13-2004, 09:08 PM.

Comment

viper

for me i think if the mopar viper is not street legal it should not be allowed to compete. why formula d lets them compete is probably due to the reasons stated in other posts...unfortunately. i wonder if dodge realizes that drifting is a sport that is founded on respect not just winning by any means possible. knowing that their car is not legal definitely makes me not respect their entry as much. it's almost like they don't even exist in the competition. i know every major company is interested in getting into the drift craze but you know what...drifting isn't so mainstream that just because they enter a car and win, while cheating, it will equal sales. the "win on sunday, sell on monday" nascar type theory doesn't apply for anyone yet, especially dodge. do they think they will sell more neons tomorrow so kids can go around *Censored**Censored**Censored*-dragging? or are those kids going to buy some vipers?

Comment

lol, nice post ^. Yeah, I don't think Dodge plans to sell more Vipers because of it's performance in drifting. I bet half the people that buy a Viper wouldn't want to risk damaging it. And and anyways, most drifters can't afford a Viper let alone modify it to drift specifics. BTW, no one so far know's if Sam's Viper is a competition coupe model. I'll keep my mouth shut from now on until someone confirms it because bashing Dodge this way w/o knowledge of the specifics on Sam's car is cheap.

Comment

Sam's car is a Competition coupe that has been discussed many times before, Please continue this discussion here http://www.drifting.com/forums/showt...8&pagenumber=4

Comment

Working...
                      X