ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jasper Performance and Tyler Mcquarrie in Formula D Houston!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jasper Performance and Tyler Mcquarrie in Formula D Houston!

Jasper Performance places 4th in 2nd Formula D Event in Houston Texas!

It was a hell of a trip! Between missing flights, crazy layovers, thunderstorms, and baggage loss, we've had a crazy adventure out to Texas from Cali.

First of all, I'd like to say how proud we are of our new driver Tyler Mcquarrie (www.tylermcquarrie.com) (quarrie pronounced like rock "quarry"... sorry Tyler! hehehe). He did AWESOME! He handled our car like no other. We are very excited to bring it back to his hometown in Frisco next month.

Second of all, we would like to thank our pit mechanic from Houston, James for all his hardwork over the weekend. I would have died without your help James! Thank you so much!

Well, leaving from Santa Ana, CA, we had a layover in Denver, CO going out to the event. Because of early morning fog, the flights were delayed a little bit so they said our flight out would leave at 12:30pm instead of 12:10. It said that on the board so we figured we'd have time to get something to eat. We come back at 12:10 to board and find out that the plane was TAXYING! WTF! They changed the boards back to 12:10pm! So after a lot of suffering we finally got on a later flight two and a half hours later. Needless to say, after starting the day at 8am and then finally getting into Houston and our hotel at 11pm, we were beat.

Leaving Houston, a GIANT thunderstorm hit and we sat on the plane in the terminal for 3 HOURS! It was rediculous. We got into Denver about 8:45pm and we found out there was a connecting flight back to Santa Ana at 9:00pm. The lady that was lining up the stairs to the plane for us to get off couldn't line up the stairs to the plane and kept backing up and going forward... time was ticking! We didn't want to be stuck in Denver! She finally did it and we had to sprint from one end of the terminal to the other to get to the gate (which was NOT the one they told us it was). We get there and they have to run out on the bridge to STOP the plane. So we get on the plane (I'm basically having an aesthma attack from running) and on our way back to Santa Ana. We get in about 10:30pm and go to get our baggage... we watch all the baggage come off and guess what... NO BAGGAGE! So I spend the next 30 min, filling out paperwork and now I have to go back to the airport today to get my luggage. ARGH!

Other than that, (and other than the Texas heat and humidity!) the trip went great! Sorry Texans, I'm a spoiled Cali boy, born and raised, not used to that heat. All day long I felt like I was swimming in my clothes!

Rhys, your car and your driving skills are crazy... that new motor is just crazy nutty fast.

Sam, damn you! hahaha. You did awesome, congrats! See you in Frisco!

Gushi, damn you^2, that's right, to the second power! hahaha. You are just plain skilled, no other way to describe it. REMATCH! hehe. Great job!

Alex, hmmm, what should I say... you are just one crazy mofo... period. Tells me he WANTS to hit the wall and continue drifting and what does he do?? He hits the wall and goes right into drift. hehehe. THEN what does he do?? He start running around the track in his skivvys. hahaha. That's without "the sauce" in his system too! So Alex, is it true that drifters "love the sauce". HAHAHA! See you in Frisco.

Chris, damn you^3, uh huh, cubed, for taking us outta third! heheh. You've got skills in that 350 kid, dayam. I guess now we're even? We got ya in Laguna, you got us here. See you in Frisco!

Ryan, sucks that you didn't have the Rx8, would have been cool to see that swing around the track... thanks for all your help! You were always down to help us out in a bind. See you at the next race!

I could go on but most of you probably don't care so I'll stop. See you all in Frisco!
    Last edited by STFUAD; 06-14-2004, 03:02 PM.

Oh yeah...

On a sad note... whoever stole my digital camera out of our pit area or knows who did, I'm offering a $100 reward, no questions asked for it's return to me. It's a Pentax Optio and it was in its case next to Tyler's stuff. I just want it back, it was an engagement gift from my parents.
    Last edited by STFUAD; 06-14-2004, 03:39 PM.

Comment

im sorry to hear about that kevin, looks like if we want this to be a legit sport we got a long way to go. ...no respect

Comment

Re: Oh yeah...

Originally posted by JasperShowWRX
        On a sad note... whoever stole my digital camera out of our pit area or knows who did, I'm offering a $100 reward, no questions asked for it's return to me. It's a Pentax Optio and it was in its case next to Tyler's stuff. I just want it back, it was an engagement gift from my parents.
        i can find a Pentax Optio for $50 around the block................................

Comment

camera was found and i shipped it today!

god i love this good luck spree, lets see if i win the lottery too!

found my friend a cheap 240 because he wrecked his drifting
          actually wrapped it around a pole
          found out we got our Thurday Night Drift Meets back at Houston Motor Speed way
          went over to a friend's house and found the camera over there
          Kevin i know your super happy for that!
          got some tires to replace the ones i have on my rims for free
          and bought a lottery ticket to see if this continues
          Last edited by ProjectS15; 06-18-2004, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Well the lottery is at an all time frikkin high here in Texas... 145 Million...

I know this has nothing to do with drifting, but I thought it'd be interesting since we were talking about lady luck.

Matt.

Comment

you said we got a long way to go? well i think that ProjectS15 covered a lot of that distance by returning the Kevin's Camera he found at his friends house.

Comment

that is sweet

Comment

Working...
                X