Ca18det

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ca18det

I got a ca18det that is going into a nissan 240sx. I was wondering what parts are needed for it to be run good? What type of turbo upgrades I can get?

Parts to make it run good? Well that depends on condition.A lot of people take a T-25 off of a SR20DET and stick it on the CA18DET.You might want to look into getting one of those used and turning it up a few psi(in moderation of course).

Comment

Originally posted by Feint
      Parts to make it run good? Well that depends on condition.A lot of people take a T-25 off of a SR20DET and stick it on the CA18DET.You might want to look into getting one of those used and turning it up a few psi(in moderation of course).
      The CA has the same t25 from an SR, wtf are you talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by Shin180sx
        The CA has the same t25 from an SR, wtf are you talking about.
        Dude....the CA is OLDER!!!! MORE WEAR AND TEAR!!!!!!! The guy is asking for parts to make his CA RUN GOOD!!!! YES, RUN GOOD!!!!! NEWER PARTS RUN BETTER THAN OLD!!!!!! ARE YOU FOLLOWING ME!!!!!!!!! Last time I checked,the turbo's off of the S14/S15 motors were NEWER than the ones off of the CA18DET.I could be wrong...

Comment

ca18det

Well I was thinking in putting a t25 of the sr20 but I am doubting it?

Comment

Originally posted by Feint
            Dude....the CA is OLDER!!!! MORE WEAR AND TEAR!!!!!!! The guy is asking for parts to make his CA RUN GOOD!!!! YES, RUN GOOD!!!!! NEWER PARTS RUN BETTER THAN OLD!!!!!! ARE YOU FOLLOWING ME!!!!!!!!! Last time I checked,the turbo's off of the S14/S15 motors were NEWER than the ones off of the CA18DET.I could be wrong...
            Newer most certainly does not always equal better. I've seen old nasty red top motors run strong as hell and I've seen newer black tops that looked like you could eat off of with bad compression in 2 cylinders.

Comment

a T-25 turbo is juz good for around 280 to 320HP

if u looking for more DRIFT power i perfere u go wif the TD-06 25G.. is not like a T51-R or something crazy.. which is juz right..

Comment

OK here is the deal. Since the CA is a pretty old motor and most have been laying around places or have been used a lot, the first thing you might want to do. That happened to my first CA that I had. The head gaskets were blown. The good thing about CA motors is that you can find parts for them at Pep-boys beleive it or not. Anyways yeah the head gasket would be nice preferably from tomei or hks. For a turbo upgrade you dont need anything super big. All you need isa t28 to up the boost and you will see a nice tourque and hp increase. A walbro fuel pump upgrade would be nice. However if you can get your hands on a supra or a skyline r33 fuel pump that would be much better. If i were you I wouldnt push the engine too hard until you have some money saved up to do internal work. You want to change the pistons and the cams. A rebuild isn't issential but if you have the money the CA is a good motor to do a rebuild on. Hope that helps.

Comment

Where can I purchase this item?

Comment

the T25 on the SR is indeed bigger, allot bigger then the T25 on the CA18. Its a nice upgrade.

Comment

Dude what is it with you guys an t25's its the t28 that you wnt to really push the ca. Anyways go on ebay and fidn one you can find amazing deals. Of if not I can post up some links to some t28's.

Comment

Working...
                      X