What car....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What car....

Hey I am 14 right now and will be getting my car at the age of 17-18... with will be 2007-2008 year.... what car should i look into getting..... mostly so i can learn about it know... i am thinking about up to 8 g's and i might get it imported from japan maybe from importconern.ca they have nice cars in japan with low milage and well kept .... but will most likely get it from like a person that lives here... i know it is a stupid thread but w/e if u think im some dumb kid then dont replay and leave this thread.... so wut do u think

i was thinking

1996-1998 nissan 240sx (i think its called s14 not sure)

1996-1998 rx-7

1998 ++ miata

By then you can have a Mazda RX-7 Type-R imported for that price or less.

They stopped selling RX-7's in the US in 96.The latest year FD you could get from Japan would be a 93,one year after production in Japan.

Comment

You don't want an expensive or powerful car as your first car, especially in Canada.

A 1989-1998 Nissan 240SX would be a good beginner car, ranging from 140-155 stock hp. The '89 and '90 240SXs are known as Pig-noses and have a SOHC 140hp 2.4L inline four. From 1991-1994, the 240SX had a DOHC 155hp 2.4L inline four. From 1989-1994 the 240SX's chassis designation was S13. From 1995-1998, the S14 was produced. All S14 variations had the DOHC 155hp 2.4L. There were two S14s made, the zenki and the kouki. The zenki has a rounder front end and the kouki has a much sharper, shark-like look. Since you're in Canada, limited slips are quite common and I'd strongly recommend getting one.

A Miata or an FC would work also.

Comment

^^^ bear in mind that cars will be cheaper three or four years from now or they can start increasing in value, you never know you could find an 89 s13 being the sam price as a 96 s14 with the same mileage it all depends. its a little early to ask this questions though isn't it?

Comment

Pure_Drift........you should skip the whole Importing idea for now because it wouldn't be a good idea to make your first car an imported car....sure the car is probably going to be a decent price to buy in japan but don't forget to add the shipping fee and not to mention legalizing the car.... just stick with a LHD car because if you screw a RHD car then what are you going to do? its going to cost alot to refix it.
          you should go with an s14 or the FD!!
          once you're familiar with cars and have money to blow then you should get a RHD but for now go with whats best...

Comment

buy a beater car to learn the basics. then when you feel the you have exceded the car's limitations (be honest) buy a better car. Don't get this sweet car and wreck it by blowing the clutch or hitting a pole. I know a guy who just wrecjed a sweet 1st gen. GSX by wrapping it around a pole. don'r forget regular maintanance and parts if you break something (you will) let alone if somethinmg unforseen happens to you (robbery, books for school, girlfriend you get the idea) also, wait untill you are out of school before you buy a nice car, ever wonder why you always see ricers for sale, none of them car afford college because the dumped all their money into their car. just buy a cheap basher and practice, then get a good car.

Comment

Originally posted by DrifterN
              Pure_Drift........you should skip the whole Importing idea for now because it wouldn't be a good idea to make your first car an imported car....sure the car is probably going to be a decent price to buy in japan but don't forget to add the shipping fee and not to mention legalizing the car.... just stick with a LHD car because if you screw a RHD car then what are you going to do? its going to cost alot to refix it.
              you should go with an s14 or the FD!!
              once you're familiar with cars and have money to blow then you should get a RHD but for now go with whats best...
              You don't have to legalize cars in Canada.Also,shipping isn't as expensive as you think,seriously.Try $800 CDN on average,doesn't seem like much to me.And I promise FD's will be more money here than in Japan,just like you can get Silvia's in better condition here for cheaper than most 240sx's.Face it,there were less FD's sold over here,and the FD's that did sell over here suffered from hyper-inlfation.How's a RHD going to cost more to fix? Most parts fit better in the RHD models since they were designed for them(reffer to Ernie Fixmers reason for driving a RHD if you need to know).

Motorex in the states has you fooled,they're monopolizing the market.Do you know how cheap they're getting their cars and selling them for.I promise that you are paying 60K USD more for that car than what they paid for,shipping inclided.And this isn't countring the legalizing crap that the US has to go through,unlike Canada.

Comment

there were special edition rx7's in 99. was it 99 or 98? it was one of those years. and only in japan.

Comment

i would look into getting an s14 because they will be cheaper by then and you really cant go wrong with 240sx's. as for the rx7 you should avoid twin turbo rotarys like the plague unless you got mad cash and some mechanics knowledge. just my .02

Comment

ahhhh......i dindn't realize the part that he's from canada haha i never noticed that part.... ok well yeah you make sense....its not exspensive but for his age it would be expensive! lets see the kid is 14 right now and he wants to get one by age 17-18 umm he's not financially stable, he's going to be a new driver....insurance might be expensive....he's going to be spending mad cash to get his car fixed if he F's it up....yeah ok....
                    Motorex hasn't fooled me.......its so obvious what they do.......its with every damn store or retail or whatever that exist that sells things for a expensive price trying to make more then they paid....
                    example...theres this store that sells imported paintings and fans....ect well they sell their paintings for $300-500 but in reality they only paid maybe $50-150 for it.
                    sorry its off subject but the fact is motorex recieve their cars for a cheap price but they probably have to buy them by the large amounts to get that good price......and then they try to make a big a** profit on top of that.
                    but then again its the kids money so he can do whatever the hell he wants
                    Originally posted by Feint
                    You don't have to legalize cars in Canada.Also,shipping isn't as expensive as you think,seriously.Try $800 CDN on average,doesn't seem like much to me.And I promise FD's will be more money here than in Japan,just like you can get Silvia's in better condition here for cheaper than most 240sx's.Face it,there were less FD's sold over here,and the FD's that did sell over here suffered from hyper-inlfation.How's a RHD going to cost more to fix? Most parts fit better in the RHD models since they were designed for them(reffer to Ernie Fixmers reason for driving a RHD if you need to know).

Motorex in the states has you fooled,they're monopolizing the market.Do you know how cheap they're getting their cars and selling them for.I promise that you are paying 60K USD more for that car than what they paid for,shipping inclided.And this isn't countring the legalizing crap that the US has to go through,unlike Canada.

Comment

motorex is what you call a BUSINESS. it has to make money to stay alive, thats what businesses do. would you rather try and import a skyline yourself?? didnt think so.

Comment

Originally posted by dae
                        i would look into getting an s14 because they will be cheaper by then and you really cant go wrong with 240sx's. as for the rx7 you should avoid twin turbo rotarys like the plague unless you got mad cash and some mechanics knowledge. just my .02
                        yeah i totally agree with everything dae says......
                        and the twin turbo rx-7's should be avoided because they can have major problems and it just would cost way to much too much for you to get fixed unless you're freakin rich then go ahead but shoot this guy dropped his rx-7 at the shop last saturday because he was having some problems and it only had 60k miles on it....the dude paid 12g's for the car and had it for like a couple months
                        s14 is good though

Comment

Originally posted by J-BloodAE86
                          motorex is what you call a BUSINESS. it has to make money to stay alive, thats what businesses do. would you rather try and import a skyline yourself?? didnt think so.
                          who are you talking to?
                          motorex is a business????L:<"<?L<?
                          no F ing S*** its a business
                          just like every tuning garage business.....we all gotta sell things a at competitive price so we can pay the damn bills!
                          would i want to import a skyline? heh not anytime soon

Comment

Working...
                          X