ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have a question about the D1 prelims at irwindale (featured in option video)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a question about the D1 prelims at irwindale (featured in option video)

ok, i forgot what issue, but it's around 115 i think, anyhow, it was the first (to my knowledge) of the D1 prelims are irwindale.

fixmer drove his yellow sil80
    ken had his s13
    there was a silver supra
    hubert had his skyline
    one guy drove a mustage (the guy from the racing school)
    and there was a guy with a black crown victoria.

sorry i forgot all the names, but, who drove the black crown victoria, and, what was nomoken saying when they were talking about the car?

in all likelyhood the Bondurant brothers were driving the stang and the Marauder (not crown vic exactly). James should have been driving the Marauder just like he did this weekend in Houston. These are the grandsons of Bob Bondurant and I believe them to both be instructors

Comment

Todd,

Your information is wrong.

Fixmer is driving his friend Sam's Yellow S13. www.jspec.com's car.
      The mustang is from Russell Racing school. Rich Rutherford, iirc was the driver.

The Crown Vic Intercepter was driven by Ryan Hampton. He had to switch to a Miata because the Crown Vic lost a shock. Because of that the judges got confused, and didn't think he qualified... (lots of confusion in that one...)

Hampton was the first to do real serious drifting at Bondurant. Taught James some stuff as well.

Comment

ohh, thanks for the info guys!

now, to just learn japanese (because i'm sure nomoken is cracking some jokes)

Comment

Hampton loves to talk. So Nomuken is saying that he loves to talk, and watch, as he pulls the microphone away, he's still talking...

Comment

lol, I was making some guesses since the only mustang and vic Ive seen drifting thus far were the Bondurant boys.

So........ D'oh!!!

Originally posted by '97 S14 SE Turb
            Todd,

Your information is wrong.

Fixmer is driving his friend Sam's Yellow S13. www.jspec.com's car.
            The mustang is from Russell Racing school. Rich Rutherford, iirc was the driver.

The Crown Vic Intercepter was driven by Ryan Hampton. He had to switch to a Miata because the Crown Vic lost a shock. Because of that the judges got confused, and didn't think he qualified... (lots of confusion in that one...)

Hampton was the first to do real serious drifting at Bondurant. Taught James some stuff as well.

Comment

Working...
            X