PDA

View Full Version : fall

plinker
06-16-2004, 08:08 AM
I just went to nearby touge before I go shopping for my dinner.
and I found two recent braking mark which go straight to the cliff.

I didn't feel like to stop and look at them closely, but
one was going into the bush and it is likely the car went off the cliff.
and for the other one, it looked like it stoped right before the
guardrail,
but it might already be fixed and the car might have gone straight
off the cliff.

I don't know how much it's going down, but I don't think anyone can survive
that kind of crash.

I never push it to the limit where there is no safty zone,
but obiously they did.

Feint
06-16-2004, 08:37 AM
What prefecture are you in?

plinker
06-17-2004, 10:01 PM
I live in ishikawa.

and since i started the thread, I thought I should actually check what happened.

the mirror was brand-new..

5Z S13
06-17-2004, 10:02 PM
suicide???

Spy001
06-17-2004, 10:04 PM
suicide...or someone that simply doesnt know what they are doing, you would be surprised at how much people that dont know anything about basic car physics do things that in certain cases would send them over the side of a cliff.

PhoPower
06-17-2004, 10:09 PM
those are brakes marks so cant be suicide if they wanted to go suicide there wouldnt be any marks and just a broken mirror

5Z S13
06-17-2004, 10:13 PM
yeah i know i was just joking, he probably was just driving at night and all of a sudden saw the turn, probably tryed to brake at the last second, or he is horrible at drifting.

GRiDRaceTech
06-17-2004, 10:48 PM
I'm thinking understeer. Notice how the lines are straight.

ACDSupra7
06-17-2004, 11:05 PM
Heh, we've got about 40 long skid marks going into walls and over cliffs at this one famous spot in Cali. Kind of sad if you ask me. Alot of them were Civics by the way =P

iownju
06-17-2004, 11:13 PM
well, did you check to see if you could see the car down there, or is it to far down to tell.

And from what it looks like, he most likely hit the pervious mirror that was there, which may have saved him and he went driving off, or the mirror went along for the ride. It also looks like the other person that was with him might have pushed him down there, the first guy could have braked and the second guy didnt pay attention. And if he did go ever he would probably hit that support cable for the power lines, unless hitting the mirror coused the car to go off in another difrection. But either way, we will never know. :rolleyes:

DoriFuta-
06-18-2004, 05:47 PM
For one the guy said that they just putted the mirror in, i am asuming after this all happen.

My question is Y the ][=][3LL didn't the road construction ppl ever put a guide rail that goes around that corner if there is such a drop off, Y whould they just leave it open like that and just put rails on either side of the corner?

Then again i have seen some pretty stupid places round here that should really have a guide rail but they don't.

PooPooBrown240
06-19-2004, 03:50 AM
Originally posted by ACDSupra7
Heh, we've got about 40 long skid marks going into walls and over cliffs at this one famous spot in Cali. Kind of sad if you ask me. Alot of them were Civics by the way =P

haha, i know what YOU are talking about! ;)

might be understeer, understeer and non abs..

emission
06-19-2004, 04:09 AM

No most of them where older vehicles that came without ABS. Like My toyota supra for example.

Coiloverkid
06-19-2004, 07:40 PM

the 'vtec killer' turn...gives me chills driving that corner.

PooPooBrown240
06-19-2004, 07:44 PM
OR**

try cruising down the "Mustang Killer" canyon in a mustang and almost hitting a deer.. :(

VertigoEpidemic
06-19-2004, 08:09 PM
This is just my theory, but if you look at the picture again notice that the portion circled in blue has dark marks, but in red has lighter marks. What I think happened has someone was sitting there and peeled out. Possiblly a cop chasing after some drifter wanna-be, or some guy/gal thats was waiting on his/her friend? Because if you notice, the marks dont go all the way to the edge. They stop at a point. The new mirror could simply be just a new mirror that was put into place.

Spy001
06-19-2004, 09:30 PM
i like that theory...and i know with my LSD (And i only mention mine because i dont fully understand LSDs) it only burns one side at first then locks the other side, and if you look, at the edge one side is really dark right at the end, not so on the other side.

nivek
06-19-2004, 10:25 PM
i was thinking the same about the peeling out theory

5Z S13
06-19-2004, 11:54 PM
I think Vertigo solved it

DoriFuta-
06-20-2004, 06:53 AM
Xcelent observation VertigoEpidemic.

I was actualy looking at the marks myself last night trying to figure out y it's lighter farther away from the cliff but i really never put 2 and 2 together.

VertigoEpidemic
06-20-2004, 07:26 PM
After looking at the picture for a while I sat down (actually i was already sitting) and though about it for a while. I must have been observing it for about an hour untill my theory popped into my head. And after reading the thread about LSDs and open and closed diffs. I got a better understaning of RWD cars. I think it does beter explain the fact that one side is darker.

VertigoEpidemic
06-20-2004, 07:29 PM
Another thing I just though of.. If the person what braking that hard they would have to have been going pretty fast. If they were going that fast teh tires would have slid and there would have been 4 differnt tire marks... the front left and right, and the rear left and right.

plinker
06-20-2004, 11:13 PM
I didn't know this thread is catching such an attention.
I was away for a couple of days.
I'll post the rest of the pictures.
this one shows the direction the car should have gone.

plinker
06-20-2004, 11:15 PM
uh, I guess this one is better

plinker
06-20-2004, 11:18 PM
this is view from the previous corner. nice place, huh?
and don't worry about police finding these pictures, because
this touge is famous for decades (that's what I heard)
and the police doesn't seem to care about it.

plinker
06-20-2004, 11:22 PM
couldn't attach the file.

plinker
06-20-2004, 11:28 PM
and this is the other one. the worker doesn't seem to be related to the possible accident.

DoriFuta-
06-21-2004, 02:03 PM
what road is this?
It looks like the one course I play in I.D. at the arcade.
Sorry, i ain't into I.D. all that much to remember the course names other wise i would have posted what course it resembals.

plinker
06-23-2004, 09:31 AM
well, I don't think this is in intial D.
actuall, I didn't see any sign of fall on tree trunks and other vegetations.
I thought the new curb mirror was the sign.
and at least the brake line on the right continues to
where the old pavement ends.
maybe the car flied too high to hit anything.

zdss14
06-23-2004, 10:49 AM
the pelling out therory is the best, look at what side of the road he would have braked on, the side we drive on not them, but if he peeled out the other way he would have gone the right direction. :D
god were like csi or something:cool: !