fall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fall

I just went to nearby touge before I go shopping for my dinner.
    and I found two recent braking mark which go straight to the cliff.

I didn't feel like to stop and look at them closely, but
    one was going into the bush and it is likely the car went off the cliff.
    and for the other one, it looked like it stoped right before the
    guardrail,
    but it might already be fixed and the car might have gone straight
    off the cliff.

I don't know how much it's going down, but I don't think anyone can survive
    that kind of crash.

I never push it to the limit where there is no safty zone,
    but obiously they did.

What prefecture are you in?

Comment

I live in ishikawa.

and since i started the thread, I thought I should actually check what happened.

the mirror was brand-new..
      Attached Files

Comment

suicide???

Comment

suicide...or someone that simply doesnt know what they are doing, you would be surprised at how much people that dont know anything about basic car physics do things that in certain cases would send them over the side of a cliff.

Comment

those are brakes marks so cant be suicide if they wanted to go suicide there wouldnt be any marks and just a broken mirror

Comment

yeah i know i was just joking, he probably was just driving at night and all of a sudden saw the turn, probably tryed to brake at the last second, or he is horrible at drifting.

Comment

I'm thinking understeer. Notice how the lines are straight.

Comment

Heh, we've got about 40 long skid marks going into walls and over cliffs at this one famous spot in Cali. Kind of sad if you ask me. Alot of them were Civics by the way =P

Comment

well, did you check to see if you could see the car down there, or is it to far down to tell.

And from what it looks like, he most likely hit the pervious mirror that was there, which may have saved him and he went driving off, or the mirror went along for the ride. It also looks like the other person that was with him might have pushed him down there, the first guy could have braked and the second guy didnt pay attention. And if he did go ever he would probably hit that support cable for the power lines, unless hitting the mirror coused the car to go off in another difrection. But either way, we will never know.
                    Last edited by iownju; 06-17-2004, 11:19 PM.

Comment

For one the guy said that they just putted the mirror in, i am asuming after this all happen.

My question is Y the ][=][3LL didn't the road construction ppl ever put a guide rail that goes around that corner if there is such a drop off, Y whould they just leave it open like that and just put rails on either side of the corner?

Then again i have seen some pretty stupid places round here that should really have a guide rail but they don't.

Comment

Originally posted by ACDSupra7
                        Heh, we've got about 40 long skid marks going into walls and over cliffs at this one famous spot in Cali. Kind of sad if you ask me. Alot of them were Civics by the way =P
                        haha, i know what YOU are talking about!

might be understeer, understeer and non abs..

Comment

No most of them where older vehicles that came without ABS. Like My toyota supra for example.

Comment

the 'vtec killer' turn...gives me chills driving that corner.

Comment

OR**

try cruising down the "Mustang Killer" canyon in a mustang and almost hitting a deer..

Comment

Working...
                              X