Drifting 68 Fastback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drifting 68 Fastback

I am thinking of making a 68 Fastback Mustang a drift car. first i'd need to do alot to the suspension, so i'd get a complete coilover kit from Total Control Products up front, and thier rear coilover kit in the back. I'd also put in thier subframe connectors and tower braces for more chassis stiffness. I would probably switch out the stock steering for a rack and pinion system for better feel and response. Then for power i'd drop a 351W crate motor which pumps out about 400hp. I get a nice 2-way lsd, tune the suspension and i think it would be a pretty good set up. The only other problem is wieght. I have found fiberglass hoods and trunklids, but i would like to find a sponsor to make some carbon fiber doors, hood, and trunklid to really cut some extra pounds. then for wheels and tires i'd run some pretty wide tires on 16 or 17 inch rims, since it needs good grip to keep all that wieght on the road, but still has the power to break it loose (gotta love torque)

It would cost a good bit, so i'd need some sponsorship, but i think it would work. What is your guys' opinion?

Sounds like a plan. Are you going to pursue it?

Comment

yah i think i will if i can find a car and and get a sponsor, and if no sponsor, i'll do my best with the little cash i've got

Comment

come on no one has any thoughts on this?

Comment

http://www.fordcobraengines.com/351_400Horsepower.htm
          400hp 351w crate motor right there bud

http://www.totalcontrolproducts.com/torquearm.html
          total control products produce torque arms too

http://www.totalcontrolproducts.com/suspension.html
          they have upper AND lower control arms

I am not trying to make a drag racing mustang so buying expensive full rear suspension conversions is useless, i am trying to make a mustang with well controlled oversteer and the best way to do that is ajustable coilovers, where i can make adjustments often and easily.

oh and, please don't call me "fag" or "*Censored**Censored**Censored*" it hurts so much i cry.......
          Last edited by J-BloodAE86; 08-07-2003, 09:36 PM.

Comment

oh and if you show me a bored 302 that produces more the 500hp WITHOUT a blower and WITHOUT using nitrous or race fuel and i'll give you a picture of my girlfriend, cuz you obviously arn't getting any.....

Comment

Originally posted by importssuck!
              First of all, Total Control sucks! A front strut tower brace is a waste of money if you have the right tubular K- Member, Independent Rear Suspension is junk, and is actually removed from Mustangs and replaced with a decambered solid axle 8.8 with a torque arm and panhard bar. Throw out the upper control arms and get adj. lowers for REAL handling. Do your homework and stick to your SLOW imports!!!!!!! A 351? What the *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* are you talking about? If you want to save weight so much start with a 302 and bore it to a 331 for OVER 500 hp and a few hundred pounds less. A stock 351 crate motor will not put out 400 hp dumb *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*! Carbon fiber hoods belong on your *Censored**Censored**Censored* Supras and FAG Hondas you FAG!
              hey... we don't need that crap on this board. if you are not going to support others and provide useful information... leave. and you don't bore over a 302 to make it a 331, they sell stroker kits that "stroke" it to 331... perhaps you should do your homework. supras and hondas are not *Censored**Censored**Censored* cars... they are in no way homosexual. they can be fast. you must realize that you car is not the fastest car out there either. there are hundreds of hondas that could smoke whatever you drive. BTW... what do you drive? what kind of setup do you have? do you drift? where are you from?

Comment

Originally posted by importssuck!
                First of all, Total Control sucks! A front strut tower brace is a waste of money if you have the right tubular K- Member, Independent Rear Suspension is junk, and is actually removed from Mustangs and replaced with a decambered solid axle 8.8 with a torque arm and panhard bar. Throw out the upper control arms and get adj. lowers for REAL handling. Do your homework and stick to your SLOW imports!!!!!!! A 351? What the *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* are you talking about? If you want to save weight so much start with a 302 and bore it to a 331 for OVER 500 hp and a few hundred pounds less. A stock 351 crate motor will not put out 400 hp dumb *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*! Carbon fiber hoods belong on your *Censored**Censored**Censored* Supras and FAG Hondas you FAG!

Who the hell is this guy? Supras are not *Censored**Censored**Censored*...

Comment

yah, why are you on a drifting forum dude? 90% of drifting is with imports.

Comment

whered his post go?

Comment

Have you ever driven a classic mustang?
                      My father has a 65 HT and after driving it I can only say one thing: Its not a sportscar and I have a hard time imagening a classic Mustang ever becoming one...

It looks great but when it comes to driving there is only one thing good about the car, the powerfull V8. Everything else sux.

And why waste a classic mustang as an driftcar? There are so meany better cars out there to use as driftcars.
                      Last edited by BeerBringer; 08-08-2003, 01:40 PM.

Comment

yah actually my first "drifts" were in a 65. And one of the reasons id be cool as a drift car is the fact that its not good for drifting, kinda like why nomuken chose to drift a fuggen four door skyline and why ueno chose a soarer. Iono, i might be wrong and it might be soo bad its not even possible to control a drift in it, by why not at least give it a go, ya kno? I think i could make it work, i've driven a 68 with total control products suspension parts and it handles suprisingly well. I kinda just wanted to get away from the standard "drift" cars and put out something new.

Comment

Working...
                        X