whats a good drift car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats a good drift car

10 of my friends and i were plannin on creating a drifting team but didnt know which car was really drift material since we are all knew to the drift scene.

i was hoping a couple of u pros could suggest some affordable but worthy cars for starting our team.

i suggested to one of my friends that we should grab a 93' nissan 240sx and put a sr20 motor into it but they got no clue of what im talkin about and im a little sketchy on the car

i jus need help picking a good car.

Its great to make a drift team before u even know how to drift or even know wat cars are used in drfting

Comment

Haha!!!!!
      heh Ruffryder..........you're a funny guy! i swear......I totallly agree with MrodDrft....
      so you want to form a drifting team when not a single person in your group knows jack about it in the first place.....
      i guess its safe to say you hopped the "drifting bandwagon"......
      anything is affordable as long as you have money.....
      and another thing......you suggested to one of your friends to pick up a 93 240 and drop the infamous sr20 but the result of it all is that they don't know what the hell you're talking about......thats even worse hence why i'll say it once more.......
      you guys are on the "drifting bandwagon"
      so my suggestion to all 10 of you is........................
      DO SOME RESEARCH ON DRIFTING!!!!!!!!!!
      USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!!!!
      WATCH VIDEOS DO SOMETHING PRODUCTIVE!!!!
      and when you really need help then come back

Comment

Here is two threads you really need to read man. And please search for basic questions like this.

http://www.drifting.com/forums/showt...&threadid=4238

http://www.drifting.com/forums/showt...&threadid=5023

Then again im not a pro so maybe you should ignore me.

Comment

yah i guess you guys are right. what was i thinkin. meanwhile im gonna do some intense research and save some funds but we still are gonan make the team jus not start workin on a car yet. probably do some finacial business.

thanks guys for the tips.

Comment

Only thing I can add is make sure you have more saved up then just for the car + mods, you will eventually crash it, happens to everyone I suppose, so just make sure you have some set aside since you will still be learning (like me )

Comment

yah i already have enough for the car and the sr20 motor but just in case im probably gonna save a couple grand for crashes

Comment

Im sorry but I have to say something...

This exact situation was on my mind for a while now. It pisses me off to see people wanting to make a drift team before even know anything about drifting or how to drift.

This is ties directly into that huge *Censored**Censored**Censored* thread that was made about where drifting is going.

Its cool to want to make a team, but dont you want to learn first? Sorry if I came across as a *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*, but this kinda stuff pisses me off.

Comment

Well at least this way the team can progress together, dunno if they're all driving the same car or something, but its better then having 1 great driver and 9 beginners..or something like that?

Comment

well its not really a world wide team im makin here. its jus probabaly gonna be a neighbourhood team you know a local. im not sayin im a pro or anythin. jus that drag racin has got borin so we all wanted to try driftin but didnt know where to start so i hopped on here and asked u guys. and after u guys told me to do some research i jus told my friends that we are gonan hold off on everythin until everyone learns the basics of drift. soorry to piss u off but this is my first time ever talkin about drift i jus wanna start some place.

Comment

we are planning to have about 3 cars but not until everyone shows a thorough knowledge of drifting and there skills at it. you know jus basic stuff until we want to try advanced stuff or somethin.

Comment

u want dirt crazy cheap? toyota cressida's. i always see them for under a grand. but i dont like anything about'em. but you can drift'em and they do have aftermarket support. :P

but you should search and read up before even asking. trust me you'll get zero bullsh1t from anyone and you have the peace of mind of doing it all yourself

Comment

Just a quick note... I'm an owner of a '91 300zx N/A and it makes a bad *Censored**Censored**Censored* drift car, and I bought mine for a little over 4 grand including Florida State Tax. One thing I've learned (and for the most part, still learning) is that you can only read so much till your eyes start to get blood shot from staring at the computer screen. Get out in your car... find a deserted area and drive the hell out of your car. You have to learn the phisics of your car to be a good drifter. I no pro, thats for sure, but there's a reason why my nickname is vertigo... Long story(ies) short, I've already wrecked 2 cars. One of which was not mine, and the other was my POS '89 Toyota Camry. (Which by all means is not a car worthy for drifting, but is still fun to toy with.) Anyways like I was saying, just get in your car, drive crazy, but most of all have fun and don't crash. But Sh*t happens so have some cash on the side to fix things. I learned that the hard way.

Comment

I dunno, the way I see it, I dont have a problem with people wanting to get into drifting. If they want to start a team, then even better, they can learn together as a group. I dont think I'm cooler than anyone else because I discovered the sport before them. And I'm not saying thats how you guys are, but you gotta cut these people some slack. Everyone gotta start somewhere and we should all be happy that more people are getting interested in the sport. As for the question "Whats a good drift car", yes the question has been posted and answered a million times. But can you really blame it on the guys that join these forums because the domain name is drifting.com and they are looking for information? I really dont think its their fault. Put yourself in their shoes and maybe you'll understand. I think the Administrators of the website need to make an effort to curb these beginner questions. Cuz even if they tried to do a search (which most people wont do anyway), what would they search for? Any of the terms in the question "What is a good drift car" will bring up a bunch of unrelated threads. Go ahead and try a search and the only thread you'll see thats a match is this thread because its recent. Otherwise the cycle will continue and you can expect to continue reading through the same "What is a good drift car" types of posts every now and then. Or you could always look for other forums ...

Comment

if i was in their shoes i wouldnt sign up, i would read... i do that on everythign im getting into.

Comment

Working...
                              X