I gots a question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I gots a question

I decided to post this in the Off Topic folder so I don't waste anyone's time (hopefully). But that's not what this is about. The question I have is how do some people get so involved with this drifting stuff. And by that I mean people that make videos like Grip or some of these other people that go to Japan and stuff all the time. It's not like I could just go over to Japan one day whenever I feel like it with my crummy Sony Handycam, find some random group of drifters and just go "Hey, mind if I ride along tonight with my camera?" It just seems like alot of fun to me and I thought maybe, someday, I could go and do something like that.

Are you coming to KeDaVi tonight?

Comment

I would if I could. But I don't got any wheels which really SUCKS. But I'll get some soon. Hope you all have fun. I've been trying to keep up with stuff around here on projectnissan.com's boards (I'm erogot).

Comment

Re: I gots a question

Originally posted by spock
        I decided to post this in the Off Topic folder so I don't waste anyone's time (hopefully). But that's not what this is about. The question I have is how do some people get so involved with this drifting stuff. And by that I mean people that make videos like Grip or some of these other people that go to Japan and stuff all the time. It's not like I could just go over to Japan one day whenever I feel like it with my crummy Sony Handycam, find some random group of drifters and just go "Hey, mind if I ride along tonight with my camera?" It just seems like alot of fun to me and I thought maybe, someday, I could go and do something like that.

I was wondering the same thing myself. I guess some people just have some good connections. And I don't think a lot of those guys just go to Japan for a day or two. I'm pretty sure they live there.

Comment

Well...I'm not too informed with the guys who are involved with Grip or whatever, but I'd guess it's like anything else, there's a few ways into it.

I asked my cousin, a film major:

I would get a job that pays well but flexible in hours and with that buy a decent digital camcorder and buy some god editing equipment

He could find a good technical school that offers video and film

If it was me, I would buy a camera, get some editing equipment, go out with all of these people I know, ride shotgun, and film the *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* out of everything and edit myself on my computer and somehow get exposure, create a website

Comment

Working...
          X