X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how oftern do u guys have to change ur tires

not to much into drifting yet
    dont wanna spend a whole lot on change tires

dont want to spend money on changing tires?
    drifting is not for you.

Comment

Ahh just get an extra pair of wheels for drifting, then just take some old tires from the garbage pile at Discount Tire.

so basically... extra 2 wheels.... about 100 - 200 dollars... then crap tires are free... plus like 5 - 10 dollars to have them mounted whenever u need a change.

Comment

A LOT!

Comment

aren't the rear tires the one get worn out faster?
          u gotta change them all at same time or?

Comment

usually its the rear. but the front does wear down too.

if you dont wanna spend allot on tires... you can pick up tires from the salvage yard. i get'em for 7 bucks. its just gettin my *Censored**Censored**Censored* down there is the problem. i've been lazy these last two weeks. haha. and i need four tires since i've burned out the reserves already

Comment

Thats so funny. Sneaking in the back of discount tires dumpster. then having them mount them lol.

D.T.:hello, how may i help you
              Me: yes i would to have these mounted.
              D.T. hmm... those look awful formiliar.
              Attached Files

Comment

I have to change my fronts about once every 3 months with good tires. As for the rears, I change the tires after every drift session, but the type of tire depends on if its practice or comps. If its practice then I run tires from the used tire bin at the local tire shops (free tires). If its comps I buy new tires with kevlar belts (expensive). I'm working on getting myself a tire changing machine, a friend of mine knows where I can get a used one for free. I've run into problems with getting my practice tires mounted (liability issue). I have 5 and 1/2 sets of wheels for my drift car. One set is 17's for drifting, but I only run the front's when I drift (255/40/17 front, 275/40/17 rear). For the rears I have 10 wheels (all 15's, usually running 195-225/50-70/15). then I also have a set of 17's (275/40/17 all corners) for grip roadracing. 18 wheels total.

Comment

every 3 months, actually I gotta replace them now there bad, belts starting to show in the back, im just lasy, i get a set of tires for 60$ mounted

Comment

Im on about every 3 months as well. but i have this thing, when i mess up dirfting, ill do dounuts.......

<<<<that is uper scottsdale automall, for all you AZ people
                    Attached Files

Comment

I change my tires every after event since I pop the rear all the time at the track. As for my front I usually don't change them for atleast 2-3 months. I have a total of 3 sets of wheels that I take to the event and every event I waste the rear tires.

For this month I have bought 4 Sets of tires already and going to 5.

Thank god I have tire sponsor but doesnt mean I get them for free.

Im going thru different tires all this month trying to do some Research and Development and so far I still love my Azenis but the treadware sucks.

Comment

Working...
                      X