Good Find or No?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Find or No?

Hey guys, I just started a new project car, and I bought a $700 cressida 1984 with 69k miles and a perfect body, average suspension, good smog, no upgrades, replaced alternator, and some other minor stuff. 700 bucks sound good for a car like this? Thanks for ur opinions, pics will be up in one week pending the camera arrival. Btw, still good paintjob

thats a steal to me that should be a great proects if you dont like it il take it from ya

Comment

700$ sounds about right.

go find a mkII supra for some parts (the cres and supra have very similar platforms)

also, the 4lug cres hubs will fit the same wheels are ae86 and supra (check the offset though)

Comment

i kinda knew that since i did own an 89' cressy that's now my bros

Comment

ohh, i thought the 89's were shared parts with the mkIII supra's. my bad.

Comment

well they do don't they? the 89's share the 89's supra parts that gen, i dont know all the technical names or stuff btu yeah they do

Comment

the mkII supra and mkIII supra's are two different platforms.

the 84 shares parts with the mkII supra.

the 89, if it looks like your 84, shares chassis parts with the mkII.
              if the 89 is a different generation than the 84 (which I thought it was) than it's going to share parts with the mkIII supra

the years and generations of the supra and cressidas are not the same.

for example, the mkII supra was released before the platform similar cressida was released.

same with the mkIII supra. i came out first, then a year or so after it's release, a comparable cressida was released.

Comment

ok, i sorta forgot WHY i posted all that HAHAHHAHA

Comment

Does it have a manual trans?

Make sure you torque down that head...

Kei Office suspension will cost you pretty, but word is it's worth it!

I'm going to be making Cressida fiberglass parts (trunks, hoods, maybe doors and kits) within the next year - do you want me to add you to the contact list?

-MR

Comment

Does it not have the 7MGE?!?!?! YES!!! My brother use to have a 7MGTE powerd manuel conversion cressida. It was the only cressida my grandma drove that went vroom....... poooosh!! haha. had about 240 hp.

I miss it.

Comment

Don't they weigh considerably less than Mk III Supras, and you can more comfortably haul around hoes in the back?

-MR

Comment

Working...
                      X