Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wretched RUST!!

Greetings,

Went to rotate the tires on my 91' 240 today...

Jacking up the car and come to find the subframe connector is rusted to junk, (great buy on behalf of myself... fooled by undercoating camoflague) after letting down the car, what i think is a frame piece is dented. not sure if its a joist or something else major. whoever owned this car before me must've jacked this thing up differently everytime they did service. is it possible to buy subframe parts new/fabricate from steel? and should i have to take the exhaust, trans/engine out and sandblast the entire bottom and recoat? (which leads to total repaint...

Not sure what to do, taking it to the lifts on monday hopefully.

$Limited Money$
    Last edited by OH240SE; 06-20-2004, 07:55 PM.

oh yeah, that's big deal stuff there.
    My car is bad like that too. got it in chicago I just decided to slam this one around until I can get another.
    If it looks unsafe I dunno. Most of the guys on this board won't have much info, being that they are in Cali, land of no rust.
    Best bet is to ask at a shop. If it's too steep, better hit the bricks and either find another or get more money.
    Good luck to you either way.

Comment

Well if its just surface rust then get some sand paper and sand all the rust off. Then get some cheap spraycan clear coat and spay over the area to seal it off from oxygen. This is a temp fix to getting it coated for real. If the rust went all the way through then you will need to have welding work done.

Comment

Working...
      X