what should i star with????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what should i star with????

thing is im into drifting (but never tried it) aswell as rally (done that a fw times at a track with a rented car) i was wondering what platform i should go with i really like the 240 sx or the s14 silvia. but ive heard RWD can be a pain when it comes to rally. so maybe something with AWD would be better??? (limited budget grrrr)
    second im not sure about the differences in the supension setup between rally and drift. some have any advice?????

Advice: use the button.

What do you want to do w/ your car. Rally or Drift? If you want a drift setup you're gonna need a stiff suspension(coilovers being your best bet) as for rally, I'm not too sure but I think you need a soft, bouncy suspension.

But like I mentioned before use the search button. you'll find just about all the info you need.

Comment

an old subby would do you perfect...

Comment

yeah, go for a mid-90s subaru impreza.... buy a VERY strong rear LSD.

you can get a replacement center differential for the impreza that'll make it rear-drive. if you know how to work on your car, you can swap the diffs the night before events and such...

yeah, for rally you'll want a softer suspension...and most drifters have uber-low, uber-stiff suspension. but it's a case where...you can drift with rally suspension, but you can't rally with drift suspension. so i guess just tune your suspension for rally.

the nice thing about the mid-90s impreza 2.5rs (or other trims) is that they're quite light and have the same wheelbase as an S14.

as long as you have a beefy rear LSD, you can't go wrong with them (as far as i know....i haven't actually owned one.)

Comment

if you have a few grand to throw around get one of those variable differentials that you can change the power from 100-0 all the way to 0-100 meaning that you can have any ratio between front wheels and back wheels.
          you can see it in action in gt3

Comment

Originally posted by WildSe7en
            Advice: use the button.

What do you want to do w/ your car. Rally or Drift? If you want a drift setup you're gonna need a stiff suspension(coilovers being your best bet) as for rally, I'm not too sure but I think you need a soft, bouncy suspension.

But like I mentioned before use the search button. you'll find just about all the info you need.
            Just a quick note... I think BMW (not sure if it really was them) came up with a hydrualic susention that used a magnetic fluid, and inside you could choose weather you wanted a stiff or soft ride. Electro magnets were placed around the hydrualic chamber containing the fluid and controlled the "stiffness." I'm not 100% sure on this, but I know I heard/saw it somewhere. that would be very interesting if it could be used in racing/drifting somehow.

Comment

Working...
            X