good deal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good deal?

I recently say an 86' corolla in the newspaper for 800. I'm wondering if it has the same specs as a 85' or what is different. And is it a good deal? the lady has 2 of them

well, if you want the i-4 engine, then it has to be GT-S, that's what everyone's looking for nowadays, what about the mileage, and how is the body, 800 is considerably cheap, so there must be some strings attached

Comment

so the 86 is different from an 85' right? I'm pretty sure i can see the car because everything is located in san francisco.

Comment

well years dont mean a thing, unless its gts or sr5, or if the tail lights differ from the "Trueno type" or the ae85 type

Comment

First, make sure it has two doors. Once that's settled, it's probably just an SR5. If you're really really intent on buying a Corolla, then that's ok... but it'll be powered by a 90hp, carbureted engine and have rear drum brakes and sloppy suspension. The 4A-C will run practically forever, but it's pretty much a piece of crap. You'll have to swap an engine of the 4AG variety in to get any semblance of performance. Then you'll have to swap the rear axle for a GT-S rear and... it'll end up costing you more just to convert it.
          However, if it is a GT-S in decent condition with less than 200k miles... jump on it, you've just found yourself a deal.

Driftin- all Corollas fwd and rwd came with I4 engines. If the engine has fuel injection, then it has to be a GT-S model.

Comment

finding a deal like that is unpossible! heh

Comment

lol i'll check it out. but man i'm hooked on the ae86. no power wut so ever but i'm just aiming around the 150 range.

Comment

if it has a 4age, get it. if not. dont waste your time

Comment

Working...
                X