do a lot of people drive with a sr20 illegally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do a lot of people drive with a sr20 illegally

Im just wondering if there a lot of people that drive around with a sr20det illegally. sorry for stupid question and if this is repost.

Yes

Comment

my friend is one but whats illegal about them? i know they came in some US cars: infiniti G20, old skool SE-R, 200sx SE-R. also they came turboed, yes people there was a legal SR20DET here, in the inifiniti G20t.

Comment

I know a few people in LA and Long Beach that have SR20DET's

Comment

No,of course not ..

Comment

nawww, never.

Comment

Originally posted by yarzan
              my friend is one but whats illegal about them? i know they came in some US cars: infiniti G20, old skool SE-R, 200sx SE-R. also they came turboed, yes people there was a legal SR20DET here, in the inifiniti G20t.
              This is incorrect in two ways. First of all the FWD Sr20 does not make a sr20det swap in a S13 legal. Secondly there were no turbocharged fwd SR20s sold in america, though plenty were sold in japan.

There was a G20t however the T stood for touring model and had sportier wheels and such, but the engine was the standard naturally aspirated SR20. And no turbo model was sold in America.
              Last edited by nissanguy_24; 06-22-2004, 09:32 PM.

Comment

once again nissanguy, i take a knee at ur superior knowledge of all things nissan!

Comment

once again nissanguy, i take a knee at ur superior knowledge of all things nissan!
                  Its cool, i know but a small amount of the nissan trivia availible out there. You want to see impressive check out Sara i think is her name, from Nissanperformancemag.com man that girl is sharp.

Comment

i have one too

Comment

my friend is one but whats illegal about them?
                      i'm guessing smog regulations right?

Comment

Mr Washington can always get u hooked up at ur local Tex/Mex inspection location

Comment

Re: do a lot of people drive with a sr20 illegally

Originally posted by nivek
                          Im just wondering if there a lot of people that drive around with a sr20det illegally. sorry for stupid question and if this is repost.
                          hmm not that much, if i had to put in a percentage i would say oh.. 100 percent of street cars that have an sr

Comment

i still dont get it, what makes it illegal having a sr20 in your car. Is it emissions or something, or just not the original motor, which could lead to insurance problems or other stuff? Im confused

Comment

i have a sr in mine

Comment

Working...
                              X