RWD Civic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RWD Civic

I am really interested in building a rear wheel drive civic. i am looking at the mid 80's models. they are cheap and eASY TO FIND. I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS EVER DONE OR HEARD OF THIS AND ABOUT HOW MUCH WOULD IT COST I CAN DO ALOT OF THE CUSTOM WORKA AND I HAVE ACCES TO A MACHINE SHOP.

ANY GOOD ADVICE IS APRECIATED.

damn capslock

I hear it's been done on a Integra b4, I think that you can fab parts from a CRV to fit.

In japan, 4wd civics and integras were made but they all had SOHC motors, if you could import the parts, some how, and find a way to remove the front axcels, there you go.

Comment

hard but not imposible

Comment

4wd integra ??? Lemme get one of those !

Comment

you'll need more than a machine shop.

hope you got friends who are handy with a MIG welder.

Comment

for drifting? it takes more then rear wheel drive, balance, low end torque are the simple things. Look how that integra did, it sucked *Censored**Censored**Censored* even though it was rwd, that 60/40 weight dist. did not help

Comment

it's doable, but if you'll feel just as good about it after spending 30,000 dollars on a 9,000 dollar car then be my guest.

Comment

get a 80's civic wagon, they are AWD. removie the front axles and bam, RWD civic. A ZC motor will bolt right up to the tranny. But remember that its weak and old so your probably gonna damage it quick. Even if you did the CRV suspension it wouldnt be very powerful because the power is displaced to the front wheels. If i was you id swap in a SR motor, it is possible. Ive seen a SR20 head get put on a B16 block. Iono how but it was done, hope your good with cars, otherwise dont waste your time.

Comment

The easiest way to do it would be to avoid independant rear suspension altogether, and put in a ford 9" rear end. Those rear ends have been used in all sorts of racing cars (Mazda used it in their FR tube-frame MX6 that they raced in IMSA GTU).

It would be decent for drifting, but not perfect. With that, you can put any drivetrain you want into the thing, from rotary, to Honda, to Nissan, etc, etc, etc.

You'll need to cut out the centre of the floor, and make a tunnel for the drive-shaft, which will take some work. With whatever differential you use, you'll need to find strong parts of the chassis to mount/locate it. If you use a solid rear axle (be it ford 9", or one out of an AE86), I'd recommend using a Watt's linkage over a Panhard bar. Do a LOT of research... you'll need it. You won't find all the information here...

Comment

I saw a FR converted mini(the original) with a V8(or maybe V6) engine on TV before.
                    that was a monster.

Comment

if you have the money to waste and access to a good custom shop... go for it. since u want to use an EF civic the drivetrain from a civc wagon should fit well. the problem with the civic wagon and crv drivetrains.... weak driveshafts and axles. goto honda-tech for more information on this. keep this in mind though... if it was really worth the time and money to totally convert a car's drivetrain.... wouldn't you see a lot of people doing this conversion? i would love to convert my civic to FR but it's jus not worth the time and money to me.

Comment

what if you buy a new BMW 1 series and weld all the civic outer panels?

Comment

Working...
                        X