First drift car an Fc?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First drift car an Fc?

Hey I was just woundering about the goods and the bads of having a fc as your FIRST drift car? what do you guys think?

thanx,
    Chase stephenson

It's a great car. Not a bad first drift car, but if you want to learn how to drift with it, you need rear-toe eliminators first thing. After you learn the basics you can fool around with DTSS a little more.

Comment

K, thanx anyone else got an opinoin? or info i should know about the car and how are upgrades parts to get thanx

Comment

www.fc3s.org

'nuff said

Comment

i started out in one. loved the power. then one night slide it into a center divider thing. didn't mess it up too bad, but very expensive. great car, just too much cost. hope this helps.

Comment

Stay away from it...thats my future drift car...You can't have it...JK I like the FC, its gonna be my next car after I sell my 1st car... the manuel Integra LS(learned the basics in it). God, I hope the FC doesn't turn into the 240sx, but then again...its rare, and easily found in So Cal(where I'm from), so hell yeah...

Comment

Your gonna have to be a monster, they LOVE to grip. So u have to have fast entry speeds and exits. Rear toe elims are a must, get a nice set of coilovers, some camber links, bigger sway bars and possibly a steering mod to get more angle and you will be set to cut the throats of all who oppose u

Comment

K thanx everyone I heard they break down alot? is this true?

Comment

they wont break down if u do the right maintence. Dont mod without thinking about fuel first. Most people throw on a full exhaust, run lean and pop the engine. Make sure u do the proper mods, change your oil ever 2k and you should be fine

Comment

i drift mine stock with no suspension mods, it seems to do ok, yeah it loves to grip but you can get them sideways, it just takes a lot of effort, i have mods planned in the future, but i'm on a budget so yeah, stock it is

Comment

FC's are good for novice and advance drivers. They stay on the road and kick a-s-s while sideway.

If your just starting out, i suggest getting a N/A FC. Also, if you never driven a RWD before, i strongly suggest just getting an NA. (how old are you anyways?)

FCs are serious road cars. Like turbo23 says, you have to enter fairly fast to get it go to sideways.

Also, if you really want to drift, i mean the real drift (drifting at the braking point) you need HPs for that.

All in all, it's a great platform.

Also, try getting a GXL/GXL-SE they are N/A with LSD. Good for starters.

Comment

Alright thanx

Comment

If you like to drift in the rain, my FC oversteers like a sonuvabitch when its wet out. Its actually pretty scary, but still alot of fun. Also right now, they're pretty cheap since alot of people are put off by the rotary engine (which is a little silly). First thing you gotta do if you get one is get some adjustable struts or coilovers. Make sure you dont buy one that has an overheating problem, cuz the engine is probably F**cked.

Comment

i love um, get a n/a to start out with they are dirt cheap and are easy to matain, upgrade you shocks and springs and then get the rear steer elim. bushings

Comment

I think an FC would be a pretty good car for you to start out with. Im saving up money right now looking around for a Turbo II FC. I first drove it over a year ago and I have to say I love it.

Comment

Working...
                              X