• how much does it cost.....

how much does it cost to rebuild a ka?!

as much as it takes

Comment

haha thats the idea, but im lookin for some hard numbers

Comment

Originally posted by BENJO
        haha thats the idea, but im lookin for some hard numbers
        rebuild is pretty vauge, what do yuo mean specifically? also is it a Ka24e or Ka24DE

Comment

rebuild is pretty vague.........
          tell us your goals in the "rebuild" stage of your KA
          and maybe you'll get some hard numbers well not hard but solid.....

Comment

maybe hard and stiff

Comment

ka24de and i havent done anything yet.

Comment

http://hksusa.com/mycars/mycars_productsformycar.asp

there are solid digits there for you
                all in all maybe you'll end up coughing out 2-3g's+
                hmm KA's are cool and good for learning to drift but man rebuilding a KA is not a common sight for the shop hahaha its usually "i'm purchasing an Sr20" type of ordeal.....but good luck!
                Last edited by DrifterN; 06-23-2004, 05:18 PM.

Comment

I've seen all the necessary parts for roughly $275. If you did the assembly yourself, you'd be golden. Hone the cylinders, get a three-way valve job done for about $125, and have the head cleaned and magnafluxed for another $75ish. I got all this from an advertisement for a shop near LA.

If you're gonna stay in California, keep the KA... SRs DO NOT pass smog and should be sold as an off-road vehicle. (Unless you like paying for the swap back to KA when the buyer sues you because the car doesn't pass smog. Check California law... it's in there.)

Comment

yeah im planing to keep my ka

i dont realy know much about rebuilds and was wondering what actualy happens to the motor during the rebuild? (so i kno what to look for) and im also planing to purchase the greddy bolt on turbo kit when i gain more experiance so if that affects the type of products i should get for the rebuild then what parts should i look out for?

oh and i also found this site:

http://www.rpmmachine.com/enginerebu...nissantop.html

besides the parts it says it doesnt come with, does this have all the stuff i need for a rebuild? and my last question, on the site it says: "IMPORTANT! Please Note: if you do NOT specify an Oversize when ordering, you will automatically get Standard size." what does oversizing mean and is it worth the extra money?

thanks
                    Last edited by BENJO; 06-23-2004, 08:46 PM.

Comment

oh and whats the common price range for a rebuild kit? because i found this site and it offers everything for $879

http://www.importperformanceparts.ne...ek-nissan.html
                      Last edited by BENJO; 06-23-2004, 08:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GRiDRaceTech
                        I've seen all the necessary parts for roughly $275. If you did the assembly yourself, you'd be golden. Hone the cylinders, get a three-way valve job done for about $125, and have the head cleaned and magnafluxed for another $75ish. I got all this from an advertisement for a shop near LA.

If you're gonna stay in California, keep the KA... SRs DO NOT pass smog and should be sold as an off-road vehicle. (Unless you like paying for the swap back to KA when the buyer sues you because the car doesn't pass smog. Check California law... it's in there.)

uh... GRiDRaceTech

we'd love to payfor a swap back to KA if the buyer sues us but too bad we don't have a shop in Cali
                        so....my conclusion is we don't need to check cali law.....
                        sorry

Comment

Speechless, abso-friggin'-lutely speechless.

Comment

and you should be.....no actually its all good man

Comment

Working...
                            X