Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• initial d?

OK, Ive never seen any of these..........not one second

.....am I really missing out on sumthing?

its a fun cartoon to watch if you like cars and touge, also has some drama and stuff.

Comment

Haha, it's actually pretty good. Just don't go getting AE86 fever =P

Comment

its pretty cool if you are somewhat of an anime fan, but you cant look to seriously at it...takumi (main character) does some stuff that is pretty near impossible...but its cool for entertainment between touge runs....

Comment

Re: initial d?

Originally posted by DriftGirl
          OK, Ive never seen any of these..........not one second

.....am I really missing out on sumthing?
          dont feel alone......everyone always talking about it...yet i never even heard of it until i came to this site. even Tsuchiya talks about it in Drift bible when he starts drifting in his Ae86. Whats the deal wif Initial D? is it any good to watch.

Comment

Its fun to watch. The idea and definition are some-what realistic, but the physics of it are for the birds. Putting your cars tires in a gutter at 90 isnt gonna make it grip like a monarail...Hell, even the "drift king" (im not gonna attempt to spell his name), he appears in an episode as a voice over in the cartoon, and talks to the main characters father. It has a somewhat A avg story line tho...Love+Racing = Hit

Comment

tsuchiya helped with that cartoon.

i like the cartoon. hehe. its weird, at the last drift session people were playing initial d soundtracks all loud. i cant listen to that and drive. i just play some classic rock *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*.

Comment

I watched it cuz my cars in it. Kind of like how i watched F&F cuz my cars in it.

Comment

i find the manga books are far superior to the episodes though....the books explain alot of what is going on alot better....

Comment

If anyone hasn't already seen them here are a few episodes you can download.
                    http://carfreaks.b0nk.net/InitialD/

Comment

".....am I really missing out on sumthing?"

Uh... I dont know what you mean.

Do you like anime?

Do you like cars?

Boom!! someone slapped them together and made a cool show.

Whats there to miss?

Comment

Hey guys, noob here =P Initial D is a very good anime, although I enjoy the Manga also since the story flows a bit better in there. There are characters from the Manga that don't show up in the anime so its good to enjoy both. I personally loved 1st stage the most since there was a lot more story involvement, even though the animation and CGI wasnt up to par, but for its time, it was good. I don't know how other people feel about 4th Stage, I think they're kinda over doing it a little. Just doesn't have the same feeling anymore, but I guess its all how the story evolves. I'm happy that they made it, just somehow not very satisfied story wise.

Comment

Yeah check out the manga.. its portable and can be kept inthe car lol. But its harder to download for free.

If your an anime fan and a car fan you should enjoy it. If not then you probably wont. Nothing spectacular, but its not bad either.

As to the fans.. The manga actually developes the minor characters better. As opposed to the story being about tac and his 2 dimensional buddies, (2d meaning flat characters not actually 2 dimension images.. although they are those too)

Besides one thing to say to the anime is better fans.. Did tak ever borrow a guys 180sx and then think to him self "Man.. having more power does feel better" i didnt think so!

Also in the anime doesnt he race the evo guy again and win? or am i mistaking, i've only seen bits of the second stage.
                          Last edited by nissanguy_24; 07-01-2004, 11:39 AM.

Comment

if you guys haven't played the arcade game, you're missing out. otherwise my friend told me intial d came out like 5 years ago unitl it got popular. and he was wtf. oh yea and thanx for the ftp, jaydm180sx

Comment

battle gear two is way better then the initial d game. it feels a lot better. i like to read the initial d books, the movie was kind of lame. i also drive an 86 like takumi. its kind of fun to watch some thing where your car is the hero. just my two cents.

Comment

Working...
                              X