Help Me Fix My Car Please!?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Me Fix My Car Please!?!?

I've been really interested in drifting for about 2 years now and i'm still waiting to get sideways for myself. The problem is before I can drift i need my drifter to...well...run. I have a 1st Gen Rx-7 1.2L 12A and i need someone to tell me where in Hanover, PA i can get a Black FusibleLink. I went to advanced auto(the only auto parts store in my town, pathetic i know) and they only had these square fuses that i didn't need. If anyone has any incite i would be grateful.

is it a wire style or plastic one that looks like a giant fuse? i dont work on enough first gen rx7's to remember. if it is the big plastic one then you can always hit the yards and snag a whole bunch out of all sorts of cars. thats kinda only a last resort though. if its the wire then you should be able to buy that at any parts store and get the right size. sorry if i didn't help but i just don't live back there to tell you more places.

Comment

i need the wire style one and the only place i found one was at the junk yard but i took 2 browns instead of 1 black and 1 brown. so i went to connect the battery and the brown one i had in the blacks spot fried so i'm now back where i started.

Comment

find out how much the black one can hold up to and get two that run at half the amps. butt connector them together and install if they fry then find the wiring diag's and trace the wire that runs on that link and trace that through the car. when you find the short then add in a splice of the same size or larger and remember to heat shrink or electircal tape around the wire and butt con. i run dual fuse links in many cars and it works fine. just make shure that you get the spool from the store that way you know that you have some leftover link and dont have to keep going back. if you need any of the wire diags the library will have them and you can also get on to mitchell.com or alldata.com but they will charge you. i hope that helps.

Comment

that would've helped if i wasn't so stupid cuz i have no idea what that meant. But thanksvfor the input

Comment

ok lets try this the black wire can hold up to lets say 60 amps if you can not get the 60 amp wire to build a new one then simply take two 30 amp ones. now since the one you had popped you should look for a shorted wire in the harness that the fuse link runs on. if you need the wiring diagram then just go to the store and buy the book for your car or the library and photo copy the diagram. if you can not understand this now then take it to a mechanic because there is no other way for me to describe this. and just remember that i'm tring to help without seeing the car or the exact problem so give a little more of a chance to people that are really tring to help.

Comment

Working...
            X