What Exhausts You Guys Using?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Exhausts You Guys Using?

What exhausts are you guys currently using, besides stock? What companies would you recommend, i've heard Greddy evo is half decent, just wondering what your opinions were on the different types, Thanks.

Apexi....silencer's own though...i can't stand a really loud exhaust and nice hum...like what u hear from a 350z or a g35...

Comment

type RS from www.symmic.com

video tomorrow

Comment

Apexi is loud as hell...you'll need that silencer..the N1 for the RX-7 sounds like a loud azz weedwhacker on crack.

I have a Racing Beat exhaust on my 7...

Only pic I have currently of it...it's nice and quite at idle and cruising, but when you get on it, it sounds wicked. Instead of having one big fart pipe like the Greddy one...it's two, so it's a much milder tone.

Comment

GP Sports Pro Spec II .... I love it.... all banged up now

Comment

archangle u from hawaii? someone on a hawaii message board has the same sn.

i've never seen your car at any drift spots. thats also a pic of yer stock muffler.

i dont have exhaust. but then again my 240 is just for play. it'll just get 3"piping straight out to the back.

Comment

Blitz Nurspec Exhaust

Comment

for my 7 i have a Racing Beat header to straight pipe and it is ear bleeding loud but i got some nice power out of it and that's what counts.

Comment

Ya, flatlander....that's where you get some major power. My stock cat has got to be shot now that the car is 11 years old..but I don't have the Apexi Boost Controller for the PFC yet, and I don't want to go to a straight pipe until I have one. Plus, it's loud as friggin' hell...and I would rather do without the loud azz noise. I want it to be calm enough for daily driving. I still get about 12-13 horses with the dual tips, and it's definetly more calm, so it's good for me. I'm not all about huge horsepower anyways.

Originally posted by marshun

i've never seen your car at any drift spots. thats also a pic of yer stock muffler.

i dont have exhaust. but then again my 240 is just for play. it'll just get 3"piping straight out to the back.
                  Yepz, that's me...I'm on Racesauce and ForumsHawaii, but only really for reading, not much posting there.

Anyways, that's not the stock muffler...and that's the point. It looks stock. My entire car looks stock from the exterior...you can't even tell I have two 12's in the back. It's meant that way...I used to have a Celica that was all modded out exterior wise, and it got broken in so much, I had to change my deductible to $0 because I was going broke paying for it. Besides...it's my car...you'd think I know what's on it.

Racing Beat has two different exhausts for the RX-7, one is the fart pipe look, and one is the twin pipe look...like mine. It's a VERY pretty exhaust, and it's extremely high quality...I love the subtle look, and yes, it looks very similar to the old exhaust, but you can definetly tell the difference.

Racing Beat 304-Series Stainless Steel RX-7 Exhaust System - The heart of every Racing Beat exhaust system starts with the muffler canister. High temperature, compressed sound insulation is wrapped around the core of every muffler canister to provide noise suppression. This 3-inch OD system is offered for the 1993-95 RX-7, and is designed with polished, dual 3-inch tips. These tips feature a 70-degree angle cut with a rolled edge and a unique internal core pipe. These beautiful tips are finished with the RB logo embossed on each tip. Every system comes complete with all required mounting hardware and gaskets.

Also...the reason you haven't seen me at any of the drift spots...is because I just got here in May, and my car is still on a boat from UK (actually, it just left the LA, CA port...) and should be sometime before July 26th.

I'm still not even sure I want to beat the snot outta my 7 at HRP, seeing how it's a small track that's pretty much in need of repair work. I hear there's some nasty stuff that happens there due to the width of the track, and the traction problems in some areas due to the gravel, etc. I'm thinking about buying an older, used Miata to practice on till I get decent enough not to be hitting walls regurally.

But I'll be there soon enough, I can't drift the Corolla I'm driving, but I'll probably hit the Drift Session that's coming up in July...I'm probably going to start volunteering at the track, seeing how I'm retired now. I'll hopefully get to meet ya...and I'm not even a drifter yet, so don't think that I'm acting like I can drift or anything. I just figured it's something I can do in my large amount of free time now that I don't have a job. See ya when I see ya.

By the way, check my pics in my sig, if you want to see how much work has been done on the car. It's ALL been re-done..every hose, wire...suspension bushing, springs, shocks..bla bla.
                  Last edited by ArchangelX; 06-25-2004, 09:40 PM.

Comment

I say go A'PEXi N1 Exhaust... That single straight pipe is a highly engineered work of art. It comes with a silencer if it's too loud ( I think ). They created it for competition in the N1 Racing Crap in Japan I believe...

I'm not saying the other suck now. I just like the N1.

Matt.

Comment

Originally posted by marshun

My first guess would be that 3" is too big for your car, but I'm not really to up on 240's so ask around. Having too little backpressure is nearly as detramental as having too much. You won't make the torque you should be...

Archangel, your car and that exhaust look good.

I run Techtonics, not that it matters to any of you because they don't make exhausts for your car. Techtonics catback with a brospeed header on my GLI, which is now dead. My GTI is 8 valve, so I can't use the header but I've been meaning to install the exhaust. It looks completely stock...all taht's sticking out the rear is aluminized pipe...the way I like it

Comment

Thanks, bro...

Got any pics? I like shiny things...

Comment

I gotta 1st Gen Rx-7 with a 12A and I was wondering if Racing Beat makes exhaust for them? The only company that I found to have good prices and my car on the list is Pacesetter Exhaust

Comment

Originally posted by RotaDrift
                            I gotta 1st Gen Rx-7 with a 12A and I was wondering if Racing Beat makes exhaust for them? The only company that I found to have good prices and my car on the list is Pacesetter Exhaust
                            Did you try checking at there website? http://www.racingbeat.com
                            and don't get a pacesetter system, they don't make that much power and rust really fast.

Comment

i think JDM N1 titanium by apex... but i dont have the money to get it imported...so ill be getting the USDM N1 stainless...

the titanium one its *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*ing awsome...
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X