First drift car - suggestions please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First drift car - suggestions please!

well im young (18 to be exact) and my friend got me into wanting to drift. my question is what is a cheap car (mainly under 1000) i can purchase to begin learning how to drift in? i want a 240sx but almost all of the ones i find here are 2000 or more which i do not have. i do not want to really want to wait longer so please help! thanks in advance.

Use the search button, this topic is covered often.

Comment

honda CRX 91´...im jokin...

Comment

yeah i posted this subject too but its cool because your brand new to the site. Um but onto the subject for under 2,000 maybe some rx-7, i saw a second jen the other day for 900$, maybe some ae86 im not to sure on the prices for those but i hear there cheap, but if you want a 240sx (like me) your gonna have to spend more but believe me for that car...it is way worth it my sister had one she sold for 3400,you could also get a skyline if you put on like another atleast 17,000 on to your budget just kiddin.Good luck on finding a car!

Comment

Don't encourage reposting.

Comment

Originally posted by GRiDRaceTech
            Don't encourage reposting.
            Nah its cool because of the question.. Under a 1000 bucks, thats a toughy, RX-7 first gens can be had for around that. older celicas, older corollas (pre ae86) the nissan 200sx, the S12, not the later B14. Soultron on here drifts a chevy chevette, Hes always talking about how cheap they are.. like a few hundred a pop.

Comment

Originally posted by nissanguy_24
              Soultron on here drifts a chevy chevette, Hes always talking about how cheap they are.. like a few hundred a pop.
              haha just be sure to securley fasten the exhaust on them or you're in for a long night... isn't that right soul? but yeah they're good cheap driftcars with tons of potential, first gen rx-7's are neat but lacking in power, and VERY tempremental, heck you could even maybe look at an older style mustang, base models shouldn't be too expensive, basically look for a cheap light rwd car, manual is a good bonus in my opinion, but nissanguy (smc) will tell you it's not needed

Comment

here in mexicali are some good condition AE86 for less than 1000..i saw a red one with supra wheels and jdm rear tail and a just renuilt 4age engine for 900dlls. i was thinking of buying it..

Comment

buyers guide:

http://www.drifting.com/forums/showt...&threadid=5695

Comment

Chevette - ask Soultron

-MR

Comment

An old 300ZX could cost you under 1k, turbocharged too.

Comment

If you're into drifting and you only have $1k to spend on a car, what are you going to do when your tires are worn? You need to be worrying about what will happen down the road... I'd recommend getting at least a part-time job. I myself am currently looking at full-time jobs to fund the motorsports habit. Save up until you have enough money to pay for a car, registration, and insurance, then find a car within your price range and buy it.
                        Last edited by GRiDRaceTech; 06-30-2004, 09:39 AM.

Comment

agreed

Comment

Yeah true that man. Save up. I spent all my money on my s13 that was all of 5k on it. Anyways. I have 3 jobs lol! I work for my car. Just keep workin and saving. Sometimes you see stuff for your car and you say to your self I really want that but trust me you have to resist and save for the big stuff like sspension, tires and engine work. God forbid that yoru engine blows up lol. Just keep on saving.

Comment

You can get a Chevette for $50 and a CBR600 motor for $500...

-MR

Comment

Working...
                              X