More Strenuous Driver Testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Strenuous Driver Testing

Am I the only person who wants stricter driver's license eligibility criteria? I want HARD tests, not the wussy tests we have here. I also wouldn't mind if the tests were the same but the driver's education had to be harder.

In Germany, "the practical, on-the-road training time has to include night driving, autobahn experience, in-town driving, and a multitude of other driving situations." The training also usually costs $1500-2500.

Despite mostly unrestricted autobahnen, there are only .74 deaths per million vehicles miles driven in Germany, compared with .82 deaths per million vehicle miles driven in the United States. Have you ever wondered why German cars didn't have cupholders until recently? Why they have such high top speeds and good brakes? Because the Germans are serious about driving fast. They avoid distractions such as loud music, drinking, and eating while driving.

What set me off? Reflection. I have a job flipping signs and I see hundreds of cars driving a day. I see habits, nuances, problems... and I'm sick of all the poor drivers. I mean, how hard can it be to turn on a turn signal every turn? Maybe an exertion of four ounces moved one-point-five inches by your pinkie?

Just a rant... I figured the boards are dead enough to need one.
Working...
X