• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JGTC on TV starting this (Saturday) July 3, 2004

News upate!

Los Angeles, CA, June 30, 2004 - JGTC will be on TV starting this
    Saturday, July 3, 2004.

JGTC content will run as a segment on Redline TV, a new show, which airs on SpikeTV every Saturday at 11:30am. Redline TV targets the tuner market and focuses on three core themes: drifting, JGTC and tuner cars. JGTC content will focus on the series in general, the cars and the drivers. More information on Redline TV is available at http://www.redline-tv.com.

JGTC is the All-Japan Grand Touring Championship, Japan's top racing series, which features highly tuned production-based cars such as the 350Z, NSX, Supra, WRX, RX-7, 911, 550 Maranello, Murcielago R-GT, Celica, MR-2, Silvia, Modena and others. JGTC is coming to the US for the first time as part of GT Live on December 18 & 19, 2004 at California Speedway. GT Live is a major automotive festival that features JGTC, drifting, a time attack, an autocross, manufacturer ride & drives, kart racing, RC car racing, a car show, a sound off competition, a dyno challenge, an exhibitor mall, a motorcycle stunt show as well as the chance for consumers to get rides with professional drivers in production cars.

it may just be me, but i hate all these americanized races... when i watched JGTC off hot verison vids it was completly differnt then watching on these american channels. They never show the race..they just bounce around and some idiot talks about how great JGTC is... well maybe we'd think it was better if they just STFU and let us watch the race.... I say... full races not 5 min clips...its just like watching a lemans race... except it was in japanese and i didnt know anything that was going on...except theyre was really cool cars racing each other...

Comment

that's because the american public is not really ready for that kind of motorsports yet. plus there's no way to cram a race into a half hour show.

i'm interested to see what content they show on jgtc. they had some races shown on speed tv awhile back that was a condensed version of the races. pretty good since they did include a lot of crashes. hehe.

Comment

American/Redneck Idea of good race= Alot of crashes...

Yea those condesned verisons suck...

Comment

it's the attention span of the MTV kids today that's causing this. damn you MTV.

Comment

even though the show was small the racing was great and actioned pack, they were always neck and neck

Comment

i remember sometime last year speedvision ( before speedchannel) aired some JGTC races of the 2002 season. pretty cool to watch. i hope they broadcast some more full races, but with fox they would rather show NASCAR than JGTC. damn...

Comment

Originally posted by zdss14
                even though the show was small the racing was great and actioned pack, they were always neck and neck
                That's because of the regulations in JGTC.The horsepower is all in the same class,also the winners have some extra weight added to their cars as well.It's hard not to race neck to neck.

Comment

GT300 class= 300hp
                  GT500 class= 500hp
                  if i recall correctly...

Comment

Yeah, Americans aren't ready for that type of motorsport. That's why we have ALMS and Speed World Challenge.

Comment

That's why I love this Sport!
                      +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
                      Originally posted by 98BlueStang'
                      GT300 class= 300hp
                      GT500 class= 500hp
                      if i recall correctly...
                      +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
                      Demotion of Performance:
                      Qualifying and fastest laps in races: In each category, a handicap weight of 10kg will be compulsorily allocated at the subsequent race to cars qualifying in the top 3 places, and setting top 3 fastest laps, in a given race. This handicap weight shall be accumulated - without any upper limit throughout the duration of the season - and shall not be reduced except in cases falling into the "Promotion of Performance" clause as stated elsewhere in these regulations.
                      Race: In each category, a handicap weight will be compulsorily allocated at the subsequent race to cars finishing in the top 3 places in the preceding race, according to the following scale:

Handicap Weight System
                      Race 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th or below
                      GT500 +50kg +30kg +20kg +10kg 0 -10kg -20kg
                      GT300 +30kg +20kg +10kg +5kg 0 -5kg -15kg
                      Qualifying 1st 2nd 3rd
                      each category +10kg +10kg +10kg
                      fastest lap in race 1st 2nd 3rd
                      each category +10kg +10kg +10kg

Maximum weight loaded:
                      According to the above handicap weight the maximum weight to be loaded on cars will be 120kg for GT500 and 80kg for GT300 cars. Any excessive handicap weight above this shall be exempt from loading, but shall be accumulated numerically, and reduction will not be applied to the actual weight on the car, but to this numerical accumulation. Handicap weights as mentioned above will not be accumulated if the model of the car is changed or if team and drivers are changed simultaneously.

Weight reduction amounts are as follows:
                      20kg for GT500 class machines, 15kg for GT300 class machines. Maximum load of weight on cars:

Position of handicap weight:
                      The weight of the installation device used to load the weight will be included within the total handicap weight. Handicap weights must be made from lead plates. Plates up to 50kg must be attached to the passenger's seat attachment. Weights over the 50kg level can be attached to any location within the car without restriction. All cars with weight handicaps imposed must attach weight handicap sign stickers where designated.

Promotion of Performance:
                      In accordance to the results of the preceding race, cars may broaden the diameter of their air restrictors when entering the succeeding event, restricted to the criteria mentioned below. This measure however, shall not be applied to "a car specially approved by the JAF." Special adjustment of performance, equivalent to this measure, shall be applied instead.

Criteria:
                      A. Cars slower than the standard time determined by adding 1 second to the average best lap time of the top 6 cars of each category in the qualifying practice: 1 point.
                      B. Cars slower than the standard time determined by adding 0.5 seconds to the average of the top 6 best lap times of the race: 1 point.
                      C. Cars ranked in 7th position or below in the Championship standings in each category at the end of each race: 1 point.

According to criteria A to C above, any car whose accumulated points totals 3 may change their air restrictor diameter without having to change the minimum weight of the car. In the subsequent event, the car is permitted to run with the air restrictor diameter of a car with a 50kg weight handicap increase in the same engine division.
                      However, this measure shall be limited to use of the air restrictor diameter at a minimum weight increase of 100kg in the same engine division.

In the case where a car which has already applied the Promotion of Performance measure and meets 2 of the criteria, it is allowed to continue to apply until the car meets criteria A. In the case where the car has gained 2 levels of the Promotion of Performance measure, the car must revert back to the condition for cars with the 50kg increase.

*In the case where a car, which is applied a handicap weight becomes the object of the Promotion of Performance measure, the measure is not applied. However, the handicap weights will be reduced by 10kg from its cumulative total weights up to 2 of the criteria.
                      *If car model, engine model or engine displacement volume of a car to which the measures in these provisions have already been applied are changed, they will be cancelled.
                      +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
                      That's because of the regulations in JGTC.The horsepower is all in the same class,also the winners have some extra weight added to their cars as well.It's hard not to race neck to neck.

Comment

sounds a bit communist to me. (j/k lol)
                        very informative.

Comment

JGTC is the only sport that acutally applies skills vs $ and Hp.

That regulation above means that every time a GT300 or GT500 class car wins, they are added a weight base on their placement in the championship.

This causes the sport more dramatic and more interesting.

Remember:
                          "The driver wins a race not the car"

Comment

http://www.giova.it/panza/jgtc.wmv

good video on jgtc

Comment

the level of driving still isn't nearly as good as some of the series in europe so you do tend to see a lot more crashes. i saw one on speed last year when somebody t-boned a viper due to an unusually bad driver mistake on one of the participants part.

great for spectators; bad for the cars.

i'm on the fence on the whole handicap system if most of the cars are tweaked out to the max in terms of each class, with the handicap is the best driver really winning every race?

how would F1 look if schumacher was handicapped for winning every race?

Comment

Working...
                              X