SR20 Outlawed???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SR20 Outlawed???

I was wondering if anyone knew if it was true or not that the SR20 engine is being outlawed in california???

um, the JDM market SR20 was never legal to begine with...no JDM market motor was for that matter in California.

Comment

Is there a difference between the JDM SR20 and the SR20DET on the s13 silva?

Comment

*Sputters*... people don't research anything anymore, do they?

Ummm... the Silvia was never imported to the States. There never were any SR20DET-powered vehicles legally here. By SR20, Cressida means SR20DET... he just left that part off. (Didn't ya? ) The 240SX is our equivalent of the Silvia, just it came with a 2.4L SOHC or, in later years, DOHC naturally aspirated four. Oh, and the SR20DET has ALWAYS been outlawed in California and is unable to be smogged.

Comment

you could swap a SE-R SR20 into a 240. thats all pass smog tests...then break the law and put a turbo kit in it. or be cool and put in carbs.

Comment

Originally posted by panda_3ight_6
            you could swap a SE-R SR20 into a 240. thats all pass smog tests...then break the law and put a turbo kit in it. or be cool and put in carbs.
            except that its Transverse..... and the ka24de has more hp and tq

if s20s are outlawed then only outlaws use sr20s

Comment

Kids theses days need to do more research, too much time chatting away online trying to cyber every sn out there lol.

::bang bang:: Took out the outlaws using the SR20's

KA24DET for Life!

::blows smoke from the barrels::

Comment

whats the deal wif people not researchin...r they just plain lazy....?
                any who the sr20 never came to us shores as state before but people still swap anyways...and as for the Ka24 many people gotten more hp and torque out when compare to the sr20....so y do people swap in sr20 i think for 2 reasons 1) cuz people think its just tight or 2) the three letters that everyones kno J..D..M(JDM).....but dont quote me on it...just my 2 cents and a half.. ....

Comment

Originally posted by FD3S_pilot
                  whats the deal wif people not researchin...r they just plain lazy....?
                  any who the sr20 never came to us shores as state before but people still swap anyways...and as for the Ka24 many people gotten more hp and torque out when compare to the sr20....so y do people swap in sr20 i think for 2 reasons 1) cuz people think its just tight or 2) the three letters that everyones kno J..D..M(JDM).....but dont quote me on it...just my 2 cents and a half.. ....
                  Well think about how much 60hp cost..The SR20DET engines usually have less km,weigh less,and have a much larger aftermarket.The swap is worth the money,not because it's JDM,but because of the larger variety of parts for it.Also the SR20DET was designed with forced induction in mind.If you want horsepower out of your 240,you won't be playing with a KA24DET or SR20DET,rather a RB25DET.

Comment

Weight wise there is like a 50lb.( max) difference between the KA and the SR. If you were to turbo the KA insted of buying a SR you would have little more weight but more power and a hell of alot more torque (depending on set-up, turbine, etc.) All you need to do is lighten the front with a new bumper (increase airflow while your at it) and relocate the battery to the back. More power for about the same money (realistically). The problem is making sure the KA can handle the turbo and the lack of support for the engine. I personally would love a KA24DET (better yet a DETT, but who am I kidding?) but i would probably buy an SR if it was an older 240.

Sorry to wander off.

The SR20DE was sold in America in some 92+ sentras, NX's ans something else... ( I think. If anybody wants to correct me feel free). If you want you could swap in a newer SR20DE but like said before it wouod be illegal to put on a turbo (parts from the SR20DET to make it a turbo)

uhh...yeah.

Comment

SR20 did come out in the US. Just not SR20DET. Do your research!

(200SX, Sentra SE-R, Infiniti G20)

Comment

How about every just stops answering these threads... Maybe then the no0bs will actually do some research instead of answers to moronic questions being handed to them on a platter.

Comment

not this debate again, and stop sr or ka hating. they both have good aspects and are about the same price to tune. It is just a matter of preference. Please leave it at that instead of turning a conversation about sr20det's legality in the state of Ca into a ka vs sr thing again.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickdmarz
                            chatting away online trying to cyber every sn out there lol.
                            So um wickdmarz, U A Girlz? ASL PLEASE.

But seriously EvoRAllyRacer check out this http://www.drifting.com/forums/showt...&threadid=5023 should give you a good understanding of the S13. Good starting point.

As for the KA vs the SR thing, nock it off guys there are other threads for that. Besides there are many many reasons to go with a sr. Im sick of psuedo elitest who im sure thought SRs were all the rage until they thought it even cooler to call or imply people who like SR20s are ricers.

Yes the KA has more displacement but it always has a higher compression ratio and will be limited in the RPM department, not tomention all the little things you need to do to ANY naturally aspirated motor to run boost well. Upgraded injectors is just a start. Its not a bad motor but its not signifigantly superior to the SR if at all. And frankly, they may be easier to get ahold of, but try getting some with any where near the miles on them you can find SRs for.

Eitherway if you want to have this debate ill gladly have it with you AGAIN, but not in this thread.
                            Last edited by nissanguy_24; 06-30-2004, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nissanguy_24
                              So um wickdmarz, U A Girlz? ASL PLEASE.
                              Ha that made my day Nissanguy...Anyways I'm ......jk

How bout a seperate noob channel? So all the youngins can go there...you know?? You can repost your threads about drifting engines car prices...Nissan, your a mod you can do that right?

Comment

Working...
                              X