Sick of moderation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sick of moderation

I am Rapidly growing weary with having to moderate stupid threads then listen to abunch of bull about how the thread shouldnt of been moderated. I try to tread lightly around here. I dont know how many times someone should of been sent an offical warning from the moderation, you know the one warning you get before being booted, but instead i offer a gentle warning or advice on the forum informing the person politely and unformally what to do and not do.

However i close the ocasional dumb thread and i get abunch of crap. Well im getting sick of it. Not only that! but im insulted for it! I've been called narrow minded twice in the last week. Those who know me can honestly say thats not the case. I dont apreciate this kind of treatment for keeping the thread as clean as possible.

Well if you guys want me to stop being a moderator let me know. If you want me to stay then i will. I guess what im honestly looking for here is some reasurance from the users that they think im doing a good job.
    Yes
    25.00%
    No
    75.00%

keep doin your thing. why do you need to put it with it? just ban them.

Comment

SMC, you do good for the site. You can't let unknowledgable children curve your reason for being here... and anyway, I'm sure the majority of more mature members respect your involvement in this website. You've put in alot of work here, and it would honestly be a waste if you left.

Comment

SMC you're my hero! and you are a great moderator keep it up

Comment

Take me SMC....take me now...

For you are the greatest mod that has ever ruled Drifting.com...and I........I am but a peasant...

Comment

Re: Sick of moderation

The other moderators are behind Nissanguy_24 and will not allow him to be harassed or insulted. Nissanguy_24 had never asked to become a moderator, but instead he was approached because he is a helpful and positive member.

If this becomes a problem we will takeover his reported threads with less patience so he will not be attacked.

Originally posted by nissanguy_24
            I am Rapidly growing weary with having to moderate stupid threads then listen to abunch of bull about how the thread shouldnt of been moderated. I try to tread lightly around here. I dont know how many times someone should of been sent an offical warning from the moderation, you know the one warning you get before being booted, but instead i offer a gentle warning or advice on the forum informing the person politely and unformally what to do and not do.

However i close the ocasional dumb thread and i get abunch of crap. Well im getting sick of it. Not only that! but im insulted for it! I've been called narrow minded twice in the last week. Those who know me can honestly say thats not the case. I dont apreciate this kind of treatment for keeping the thread as clean as possible.

Well if you guys want me to stop being a moderator let me know. If you want me to stay then i will. I guess what im honestly looking for here is some reasurance from the users that they think im doing a good job.

Comment

nissanguy you're valuable to the site, and if you're being harrassed the other mods should take note and begin ruling with an iron fist, at least for a short time, send the message home that mods don't need that crap.

Comment

I try my best to lock most of the bull before you guys get to reply.

Are we being too nice? SMC is one of the best moderators here, I hate to see him go. So attacking him personaly or any other mod is a big mistake and it's not nice.

Comment

You do a great job, dont worry about it

Now that Pita Bread guy.......gets on my damn nerves, but whatever

Comment

Donet listen to them....

Hey man...ive been reading this forum for over 6mo. You do an excellent service to this forum. Being a former moderator myself I know it can be hard skating a line between hero and villian. Dont let people who dont agree with the forum policies get you down, remember its thier problem not yours...

ciao

John

Comment

SMC, keep up the good work!

Comment

Thank you everyone.. Especialy Pita good to know you guys have my back. But especialy the users. I really truely apreciate it, thank you everyone.

I was gone this weekend to an anime convention, it gave me some time to take a break, but i feel much better now. so i guess what im saying is.. Im back =) fear not, for i was having but a temporary lapse in my usual cheery attitude, however all has been restored and all is right.

Comment

Originally posted by nissanguy_24
                          Thank you everyone.. Especialy Pita good to know you guys have my back. But especialy the users. I really truely apreciate it, thank you everyone.

I was gone this weekend to an anime convention, it gave me some time to take a break, but i feel much better now. so i guess what im saying is.. Im back =) fear not, for i was having but a temporary lapse in my usual cheery attitude, however all has been restored and all is right.
                          AX? sorry to go off topic, but tell us more about it. did you steal stuff worth over 100$? well, PM about it.

Comment

No i paid for everything lol... I will start a thread in off topic about it when i get caught up with everything.

Comment

without moderators this forum wouldn't last a week. You seem to be very (more than) fair nissan. Keep up the good work and know that most people here appreciate what you do for the site.

Comment

Working...
                              X