the real 240

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the real 240

anyone drive a volvo 240, the old school sedan/wagon. i think those things are bad *Censored**Censored**Censored*. they are rear wheel drive, they can be turbo charged, and they are cheap. anyone ever though of that. you would still be in some thing with 240 on it, but you would be different. just a thought.

its funny you mention that...i was in my 240 driving normal, when a car full of guys passed me in a old volvo 240, yelled "hey watch this!" and slid around a corner very nicely...funny stuff

Comment

i have a small clip that i picked up off of kazaa with a volvo 240 drifting somewhere in the mountains it was pretty neat

Comment

my GF just got an old 240 4-door. it's a 1983, i can't believe how tight the turning radius is, it's crazy.

those cars are fun.

Comment

Oh man. 240's are ownage...my old man rocks a wagon with 296,000 miles on it. Original motor, original tranny, second clutch, original rear end. Doesn't burn a drop of oil, and runs like a top.

People swap 5.0 motors and Chevy smallblocks and stuff into them.

I want one...to the point where I'm thinking about taking a trip up to Maine where there's a guy who does those swaps to learn more about it. I wouldn't have money for it for at least a year, but eventually...

Comment

I like the older p1800. One of the most attractive volvo's IMO. The 240 is a good car though very reliable(if you don't beat the hell out of it). Heres a pic of an older p1800.
            Attached Files

Comment

There was a guy in Tampa for DDay2 sporting a volvo. I had some videos. If I find them I will post.

Comment

Originally posted by Emagdnim
                I like the older p1800. One of the most attractive volvo's IMO. The 240 is a good car though very reliable(if you don't beat the hell out of it). Heres a pic of an older p1800.
                Damn, I totally forgot about the p1800.

So hot, want to touch the hieney...

Comment

My friend has a stock turbo and intercooled Volvo wagon. Not sure if it is the 240 you are talking about but that thing hauls!. I want to buy it off him. the thing is sweet.

Comment

yeah, volvos are the secret drift mobil. my friend has one and wants to do the 5.0 swap. just thought i would ask if anyone else heard of this kind of thing, i guess you guys have. i still think ill keep my ae86, but maybe when i have a family....

Comment

Originally posted by clay payton
                      i can't believe how tight the turning radius is, it's crazy.

those cars are fun.
                      turning radius huh? does anyone know how that works along with steering/turning ratio? is it when you steer and how far the front wheels go? anyone?

Comment

my buddy has a 79 240 dl. it OWNS!!!!!!!!!drifting is easy and handling is amazing!!!!!! any part you could ever want for these older volvos can be found at www.ipdusa.com 242 turbos are AWESOME!!!!!!!! check this one out. there is TONS of motor swaps available aswell as suspesion and brake upgrades available!!!! i am planning on making a roadrace/scca solo2/drift day car out of a 242 as soon as i find one. and there CHEAP!!!!!!!like less than $1500 for GREAT condition cars!!!!!!!!in case you cant tell i really love these things...check out the
                        http://www.brickboard.com/
                        for more info and cars + parts for sale

Comment

hell they even do carbon fiber drop vent hoods on these badboys!!!!!!!

takumi style fog lights

ready for action...

Comment

sorry, i just had to add that these are some of the most popular drift cars in europe. i have about 5-6 vidsof them RIPPIN up the drift course that ill post up soon as i find the links...man these things RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

wow, maybe now i want one more then my 86. those pics are sweet. volvos will take over this scene in no time.

Comment

Working...
                              X