is drifting get out of hand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is drifting get out of hand

i think that drifting is get out of hand it all over the place now some dumb guy going to try it and die y cuz he was trying to drift i'm not saying that it bad i'm just saying it sould b a undergound thing sorry to say guy
    yea
    53.13%
    no
    46.88%

I kind of thing that drifting is getting out of hand because i dont know how to say this but i thing i speak for a lot of people feel the same....i want drifting to be big, but not to show the straight out drifting and all the fun invovled but the work and effort that goes into the making the car....i do want drifting to be all big and stuff but i dont....it is complicated........its not as mainstream as a lot of you think......but here in cali i think its getting there.....but until i see a drifter hitting up corners while im buying milk at the liqour store...its still not mainstream.......just my .2
    - Joe

Comment

In Canada it comes in waves... we'll often go half a year without anyone talking about drifting never mind trying it. Mostly people are only interested in street racing. But then suddenly there'll be an explosion and everyone is flocking to the local mall parking lot to get sideways, and you get to see a lot of cars dinged up from drift attempts. Oddly, these explosions of popularity, tend to come between October and March. Wierd, huh?

Comment

I said YES.
        Everything is just becomeing to comercial.
        Soon it will be an event that you watch every sunday just like NASCAR.

Comment

i dont like it when its to commercial.. it gets dirty... i prefer it at the jdm syle...(underG)but its okay the wouldnt stop untill the cops forbit drifting...

Comment

Yes, drifting is getting out of hand. Anything that makes me have to spend more on a car is out of hand. Anything that makes 12-year-old kids come on here and start talking like "soooooo im frum lyk3 s0cal an i juss wanna be like takumi bcuz he juss getz da girlz and slydez like all the tyme and thats awesum" is out of hand.
            (Or maybe n00bs are out of hand? Decisions, decisions... all I know is that I knew how to spell and use proper punctuation back when I was 12.)

Comment

I wouldn't say Drifting is getting out of hand, but these duplicate posts sure are. We covered this bout as many times as "what kind of Drift car should my sisters uncles cousin who has a friend in Palo Alto who owns a shop in lower Manhatten who knew a guy that fell off the A train and landed next to a guy who wanted to start Drifting get?"

People get out of hand, sports don't.

Comment

true. the sport still being the sport and for my, its a pasion. noobs get out of the hand...

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost of Duluth

People get out of hand, sports don't.
                  Word.

Comment

"The Passion of the Drift".....not THAT doesn't change

Comment

Yes It is getting out of hand because the media portrays almost all drift cars as high horsepower rice rockets. I just think they should show the tough side of drifting also like crashes practice touge runs etc. so kids would not get a pimp JDM tyte idea of drifting

Comment

I've said it before, but i think it will only get out of hand to a certain point. You seem unlike street racing, if the average teenage cool-kid tries to drift he will most likely wreck, so i think once it gets advertised enough and people try to do it and realize how hard it is, they will stop drifting and just go back to drag racing.

Also, i guess i am that snot nosed little kid, i got interested in drifting from Initial D, but not to "pick up chicks" i liked the mystique (spelling?) of it, and how obvious of a challenge it is. I cant wait until i can drive and finally get enough expierence to start drifting, hopefully by then it will have died down commercially...

Comment

whats funny is alot of kids where i live keep saying they are in the process of "building a drift car" which consists of them saying "I bought a SR20, full silvia front end, and tein coilover ( why its always tein i dont know)." I say in about 5-7 years it wont be as huge, many of the kids will be growing up and finding out its not easy to afford all this *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*. But id really like to see it go back to just hardcore fun, and not wdn 100839839247 people coming out and screaming one more time, then driving away in there FF cars

Comment

I don't think drifting is getting out of control. In japan the sponsors are people who make parts for the cars, drifting will be out of control when buweiser is sponsoring a car. But pro drifters need to be payed too.

Ghost is right there are to many of these threads,as well as the other threads he has mentioned.

Comment

I think that having more people drifting isn't so bad, because then we can see other people and learn from them. The stuff that makes me mad is when stupid kids go out and get cars, that the people that know what they're doing want, and wreck them. Then we don't have those cars to drift with. I can't afford a new 350z or something like that, so they are ruining the sport for people like me.

Comment

Working...
                              X