new car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new car

i am looking for a new car, i am interested in either a volvo 740t, or an infiniti q45, now with the infiniti it only comes with an automatic but it has a v8, the volvo comes in a manual tranny but is rare here. i am wondering if my head is in the clouds when thinking about making one of these into a car that i could drift. anyone know how hard it is to get a tranny from 1994 to downshift in the right place when doing these thengs, or will an auto be fine? also these cars will they be hard to repair or do you think that since volvo's and infiniti's are common in the us it shouldnt be that expencive(body work, suspention), and another thought i have been doing research about both these cars but cant seem to find parts for these, i did find a body kit for the infiniti but nvm. thanks for your help.

theres a thred with that info...please search...and a newbies thread too...

Comment

yeah i read that thread and i prolly have been here longer that you have been here, i opened this account a little bit ago but have been here for a long long time. so i know how to search. that forum had good info but not what i needed so i decided to open this, now anyone that will answer my questions with a little more respect that will be great.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
        yeah i read that thread and i prolly have been here longer that you have been here, i opened this account a little bit ago but have been here for a long long time. so i know how to search. that forum had good info but not what i needed so i decided to open this, now anyone that will answer my questions with a little more respect that will be great.
        sorry but you havent.. and im being respectfull..

Comment

Most likely, there won't be as many people on here who know about either of those cars as there will be on the Volvo and Lexus boards. If you read reviews online they will also give you valuable information as well, since a lot of people who bother to write reviews are somewhat performance-minded.

-MR

Comment

Well, if you want to drift, then why are you limiting yourself to luxury cars? Obviously you'll find there are less performance parts available for them. So, you need to do some soul searching and figure out what you want in a car: luxury or performance? You can't really drift your daily if you want high comfort, and you can't really daily your drift car if you want absolute performance.
            If you come up with a decision, feel free to e-mail me at SOneThreeCoupe@yahoo.com and I'll see what I can do with helping you. (I'll be on a vacation from Monday until Thursday so I'll try to get back to you Thursday night or Friday)

Comment

first of all i have been here on a couple diffrent names for about 2 years. second of all i want either of those because they are cheap to buy at first but i want to know all the down falls and the good points. i found a couple performance parts for the infiniti and the volvo is turbo so that will be easier to get more power. but thanks for the other sites to ask around.

Comment

Working...
              X