Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would u pay 2500 for this AE86?

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...or=&cardist=50

check out this site it has a beat up 86 on it for 2500 bucks. It's rusty and it's dented up like a true drift car. It does have a carbon fiber hood and head lamp cover's but still....come on...2500? You know he paid less than a grand for it and only put like 800 bucks into it afterwards.

So my question to u is.....Would you buy it?

I don't know seems a little expensive, over 160k miles for 2.5g. Plus I would avoid any sellers that even mention:

Great project car or have street racing or drift mentioned in their statement, they price is usually more expensive than it really should be.

Comment

I probably would. Depends, I suppose, on how bad I wanted an 86. They are getting alot harder to find in good shape anyway, so maybe it's not such a bad deal. I've seen really rusty ones with more miles go for $3,500. They usually don't have so many colors though. I know he paid less for it, but the demand for those cars has gone up quite a bit lately, so I would buy it before I couldn't get one anymore!

Comment

if you want to look into it be careful because in "drive type" is said "2 wheel drive - front" if they make mistakes in listing they might not even care.

Comment

i payed 1300 for mine and its about the same condition. but now i need a new clutch and the brakes sucked when i got it so i dunno. like someone said it depends on how badly u want it

Comment

It doesn't look that bad. If it's going to be someones drift car it's going to get dented anyways. The interior looks ok, but I wouldn't pay $2500 for it.

Comment

if the suspension doesnt squeak, interior rattle was minimal and the engine didnt burn or leak any oil. then maybe id pay 2000 for it. if the paint matched and the body was straight, id pay 2500.

Comment

In PR that 86 will be sold on the first day. They are really rare over here, I am looking for one. A guy tried to sell me one for $2800 but it had a cracked windshield, broken mirrors, wheels all misaligned, e-brake disconected, interior all torn to @#$%, and air in the brake lines, but as far on the body, it was excellent. It had 180,000 miles on it

Comment

i paid 500$ for mine, not running, rusty, needing new paint and some new body panels. well it runs now. heh. its a work in progress, but the look on a camaro guy's face when i blow past him in my boro hachi is priceless, and really, the car handles SOOO good. so if i had 2500, yeah i would. i'm always looking to resuce another AE86. i love them.

Comment

id probally but that ae86. its in fair condition and as far as the exterior goes, its not to bad. after painted id say it would look really good.

Comment

id probally buy that ae86. its in fair condition and as far as the exterior goes, its not to bad. after painted id say it would look really good.

Comment

Nah, I wouldn't buy that boro-86 for $2500, even if it's a GT-S, and no matter how bad I want an AE86. Dents? -$300. Rust? -$500. Needs new paint job? -$1000. AC and cruise control doesn't work? -$400. Add all that up and it comes to negative $2200. It isn't any surprise that it can cost $$$ to bring a borohachiroku "back to life", running or not. So, I'd buy the car for $300. And maybe throw in a couple more hundred dollars for the extra, "new" crap he did to car, so $500 is the max.
                        Last edited by OBAKASAN; 07-06-2004, 04:11 PM.

Comment

whoa i've seen hachi's in way better condition than that for less.

dont get it. its a complete rip off

Comment

Like I thought this shows how a cars popularity can affect it's price.....not recommended price but the price that the the seller's think the car is worth.....

That AE86 has about as much rust as my dad's 79 Bronco...that's pretty bad...

My guess is the floor is rusting through also on that 86

Comment

I say no. You should buy cars from people who don't know jack about drifting or anything from the import scene. And when you meet them in person you, make sure you don't look like a "street racer". Dress yourself in the lamest way posssible and say you only need this for a daily driver...

Comment

Working...
                              X