No announcement yet.

Drifting / Racing DVD's WITHOUT MUSIC ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drifting / Racing DVD's WITHOUT MUSIC ?

Hi
    My problem : I don't understand why there are so many Drifting / Racing dvd's
    with loud music instead of the really important sound : the sound of the
    engines, of the muffler , of the turbo, the blow off valve, the tires and so on.
    I really hate listening to hip hop and other music, mostly of very low quality.
    In fact I want no music at all. Those dvd's can't be made by true car enthusiasts...!?
    Here are some examples, both positive and negative : POSITIVE are Best motoring
    international or getaway in stockholm 1&2 (don't know nr 3);
    NEGATIVE is for example JDM insider ( bum bum bum music, and almost more sexy
    women and drunk moderators than cars ).
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________

Please tell me ALL GOOD & BAD examples concerning the music aspect. I like
    touge, wangan- C1 - highway racing and zero-yen /quatermile / drag racing
    especially japan footage a bit more than drifting so would me nice if you'd give
    me examples of all racing dvd's you know.

Thank you very very much for your help !

Yea too right bud, its annoying!!! Im working on a DVD for Irish drifting and cruiseing etc and if there is drifting we wont include music over it and/or try to be funny. Jus a straight look at the scene and whats going down so to speak....... diff, diff

Comment

I have a video from Japan that is JUST street drifting. NO music, NO commentating (so you doesn't even matter if you know Japanese!), and it's just 75 mins of street drifters on 8 different tracks, mountains etc... I can't read the name on the box but it was not made by option.

Comment

I'm pretty sure when you're out doing your thing in your car, you have your stereo playing some music to get you going. There's music in these videos cuz it's entertainment and sets the mood. Having no music would be like a film maker or student saying that they don't want music cuz it cancels out the sound the cameras rolling film or the director shouting instructions to the actors. Can you imagine watching Saving Private Ryan or something without any soundtrack to it? The movie was good, but not that good, it needed something to aid the dynamics of the film. I thought it was awesome to hear Petter Solberg's WRC WRX revving, the brakes whining, and the navigator reading pace notes when it was going through a touge course but Best Motoring has set out to present their material a cetain way and JDM Insider,etc have a different direction. If you were given the chance to go to Japan and film a dvd, wouldn't you try to have some fun while you were at it? That's what the hosts of JDM Insider did and rightfully so, those guys work their asses off to support the industry and try to aquaint Americans to material exclusive to Japan, plus it's funny. Also, JDM only has a small portion of its dvds showing babes, and most of it was in the Tokyo Auto Salon segment. You go to a car event in japan and expect people to not look at umbrella girls? When it comes to the music they play, it's stuff from up-and-comers and not well-known bands that need some exposure, what' wrong with giving them some? Sorry if I used Best Motoring and JDM as the only examples but they were the ones mentioned and I also happen to watch them religiously. If you want technical know-how and expert opinions, watch Best Motoring. If you want to have some fun, watch JDM Insider. That's what I do, and I am completely satisfied.

If anyone is that bothered by the music, then do something about it. Make your own videos. Either way, it'll still be supporting what we love

Comment

Best Motoring.

Comment

Originally posted by DoriAltis

... Either way, it'll still be supporting what we love [/B]
            Hi
            Ok, of course I often listen to music while I'm driving, but if I really go
            fast, I turn the radio off to enjoy the sound of my 2002 Sti. But that is not
            the point, because of two reasons : No. 1 is, that I can choose the music I hear
            - it is ok that jdm features some not so well known bands, but it is another
            thing if I like them - and No. 2- more important - is that I can turn off the
            music when I want to. And even in best motoring is some music in the background,
            but in JDM Insider are parts where I can't hear the car at all, and that makes
            JDM Insider loose a lot of it's potential, for example as they take out the
            C-west 350 Z and the R34 Skyline GT-R, you hear only music, and if you take for
            example the 350 Z from Amuse in Best Motoring 10 : Skyline the prodigy - believe
            me if you turn your stereo on full power and listen how its's reving and the
            sound of the muffler, you just want to go and buy this car. And isn't it the
            sound a big part of the fascination of sports cars ? I mean imagine great
            engines like the rotary engine of the RX 7, the Boxer of a STi, the Vtec Honda
            enigines reving up to 9000 rpm and a Ferrari with his 12 cylinders. I would give
            a **** on the performance of these cars if they had no sound like the eco-cars
            as for example the Toyotoa Prius. Or take the scene of grip video 3
            in Tokyo as they meet the black Top End NSX the first time, almost blowing away
            their ears with that race car sound. And if I take me, every tunnel I go through
            with my STi equipped with a Supersprint muffler ( perfect sound *dream*) I turn
            down the windows, take one gear down and go to heaven at 7200 rpm...
            __________________________________________________ ______________________________

To come to and end : Why do they not put two possibilities on their DVD's ? In
            all hollywood movies I can switch form English to Spanish, so why not WITH MUSIC
            and WITHOUT MUSIC in the option menu, then I can decide if I like the music or
            not and I'm not forced to listen to music I don't want to hear, while a enigine
            makes the best music in the background...

How are Tokyo underground and the option Videos ( in general and concerning the music aspect ) ???

Comment

Maybe you should suggest your opinions to the guys that make these dvds. They're all just normal people that love the sport, no bigwigs at the top floor of skyscrapers, and are welcome to suggestions.

Option doesn't play a lot of music, but they're known for their 8ball theme and their end theme. They don't play a lot of on Option videos cuz you need to be able to hear what the judges are saying, but they do advertise Super Eurobeat cds at the end of the videos

Comment

Option, Drift Tengoku

Comment

Working...
                X