Moving to Okinawa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving to Okinawa

what should I know before moving to okinawa, I plan on moving there after colledge.

u shud know how to speak japanese

Comment

Re: moving to okinawa

Originally posted by Ziptyed
      what should I know before moving to okinawa, I plan on moving there after colledge.
      If you're moving to Japan....why Okinawa?

Comment

They have alot of Boro cars, ocean, small.

Comment

Seems kinda weird to be moving to Okinawa for the heck of it (sort of). I don't know your situation, but I'd never actually move to Japan unless I was guaranteed a job there.

Comment

its cool and not expensive..

Comment

Re: moving to okinawa

Probably spell college right Okinawa is a fun place. Nice island, hot and humid summers. There are a lot of nice hachis there and they are def into drift if thats what you are looking for. However cops have started cracking down hard on drifting in the street.

Comment

i'm definitely in to drifting, and the weather shouldn't be to much different than florida, but the cop thing really sucks, do you live there?

Comment

If you learned Japanese in college, it's pretty much useless in Okinawa. Regular Japanese people sometime don't even understand them at all. But if you have an Okinawan spouse I suggest you learn the local language from them.

Comment

so okinawa is like the deep south in terms of language. so could you get by with out speaking japanese there. Do people speak english in okinawa?

Comment

Your best bet is a military base...But your still not even safe from the yakuza there...

Comment

holy *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* yakuza trouble!!...ill go to ibaraki a lot of latino people there.also my cousin and his crew its there...
                        Last edited by twcfc3s; 07-04-2004, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Watch out for Johnny Mo and his crazy 88's...

Comment

i'm definitely in to drifting, and the weather shouldn't be to much different than florida, but the cop thing really sucks, do you live there?
                            I use to, left 2 years ago, yeah they speak english there, there are lots of bases, plus Okinawa was a US territory till 1975 or 76

Comment

whats all this about yakuza?

Comment

Working...
                              X