Drifters in Miami

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drifters in Miami

I live in Miami, Florida and I wanted to know if anyone is drifting in South Florida. I am going to buy a Corolla GTS and start drifting. I would like to meet some people who are currently drifting in Miami.

Florida Drift

Comment

Thanks I am going to check it out.

Comment

www.dgtrials.com and look in the SFL drifters threads.

DG used to put on events at haighalieahah but problems with the track owner put an end to that. I'm sure that more SFL events will be in the not too distant future, but sanctioned events are few as of right now. You could alwasy make the trip up to Tampa for the DDays in the future - there are tons of hospitable Tampa people that would be happy to hang any time.

-MR

Comment

Originally posted by mranlet
          www.dgtrials.com and look in the SFL drifters threads.

DG used to put on events at (haighalieahah) but problems with the track owner put an end to that. I'm sure that more SFL events will be in the not too distant future, but sanctioned events are few as of right now. You could alwasy make the trip up to Tampa for the DDays in the future - there are tons of hospitable Tampa people that would be happy to hang any time.

-MR
          its pronounced hi- uh- Lee- ahh

Comment

I can say it, but I can't spell it.

I call it "Cuba"

-MR

Comment

i was listening to 103.5 the beat and they had an ad to celebrate july 4th at hialeah cause theyre soon shutting down. who wouldve thought?

Comment

The track was on the brink of going under for a while. Honetly, it's not surprising seeing how the owner handled things and where his priorities were (SFMReport on this forum I believe, who showed up for a tangle about the Miami Slide DGtrials events). If you want to know the dirty about what went down and why the Miami Slide events are no more, I know that there is a pretty healthy thread on this board (use the search to find it).

That is all water under the bridge now, which is too bad becuase it could have been a beaufitul thing...

Hopefully another venue in South FL will realize the potential to run events and be keyed in to it - from what I've heard, DGtrials pays something like $1000 per event to run at E-town up in NJ, but don't quote me on that.

-MR

Comment

Thanks alot I will check these groups out.

Comment

Working...
                  X