Sr20de??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sr20de??

just wondering if anyone has swaped just a SR20DE into a 240 before...because...correct me if im wrong...dont NA motors have big advantages in corners over turbos because they dont have to spool up??

The SR20DE comes from a Sentra, so it is front wheel drive, engine sits horzontally (opposite of what you need). I bet the swap can be done but there would probably be a few modifications involved. But most of the SR20DE guys end up goin turbo too, so unless you like having 190-250 hp fully built you will want a turbo too.

Ryan

Comment

I belive there was a N/A rwd sr20 at one time.

Comment

In Japan they're called "Black-Tops"

or Q's engine. There's a RWD N/A silvia

Comment

yea, and tomei sells the sr20de's fully built engine that makes like 250-275 whp

Comment

TODA also sells an engine package.

Comment

cool cool....i was asking because i heard about the silvia q's and started thinking about the NA motor...thanks for the replies...but am i correct about the NA motor having advantages in the corners?

Comment

I believe it was also used in the later model Silvia J"s.

Comment

i already told you dude. N/A cars have the advantage on turns. Turboed cars have the advantage on the straights.

Comment

what is that?

If you properly heel-toe or, if you have the necessary drivetrain, just downshift while left foot braking, You should be within the powerband and not within the lag point.

and how does a Turbo car have the advantage on the straights?

Comment

Would it really be worth giving up almost half a liter?
                      If you are worried about tq in the corners that truck lump under the hood is ALL about tq.

Jim

Comment

Turbos are hot, turbos suffer in coners.. and most of all they weigh more...

Q's and J's come with N\A... i think.. but the american infiniti G20 came with a SR20DE...

Comment

Originally posted by gundamzeta
                          what is that?

and how does a Turbo car have the advantage on the straights?

N/A = Naturaly Aspirated

Turboed cars tend to accelerate faster, and well...on the straights is were you get your speed from soo... Turbo > N/A

Comment

turbos sound sexy... but other then that... i don like em...

Comment

turbos sound sexy... but other then that... i don like em... only good for hillclimb...

Comment

Working...
                              X