Mario Kart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mario Kart

Call me a kid, but I was looking through some of my old games for N64 when I came across Mario Kart. I played it for a little while and I think that the makers of the game were heavily influenced by drifting. You can do these jump turns that basically allow you to slide around corners. It's fun because you can control the direction of your drifts and keep them going long after you've left the turn. You even get a boost if you hold the drift long enough. You can also do pretty cool burnouts and smokeshows. Battle mode is a lot of fun also.

If any of you guys have old N64 lying around from your childhood pull them out and play Mario Kart: lots of fun without using gas, wrecking tires, or messing up cars.

On the gamecube buttons they have to buttons that are labeled in the instructions as DRIFT i thought that was pretty sweet

Comment

If you slide properly,you can gain speed.Also,I have the original from back in 92 or whatever,you can also slide to gain speed in that as well.In the original and the N64 version,the fastest times were attained through drifting certain corners.

Comment

Yeah, you jump and turn in the air, initiationg the drift, and turn the control stick the opposite direction away then back real fast. You gain speed every time you do this ( up to three) that little "waaaaahhhh" lettering and tire screeching came on and the "waaaahhh" changed from white, yellow, to red when you move the control stick. Great game. you know i still have Super Nintendo? god i love that system.

Comment

Dude Mario Kart is the SH**

Comment

Working...
          X