This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What will it become...

I really sat down and thought about something today...
    after i saw a nascar commercial for kfc i almost shat myself.
    i thought what will happen if drifting and touge gets put into the mainstream. Personally i dont want to see numbered out cars all the same running 44 cars on a "drift" course with food,cigarettes,phones,booze and godknows what sponsoring it.
    watched by a bunch of people in rvs next to the track eating chicken out of a bucket. I have no quarrels with nascar but if drfitng takes over like that i think that it would turn into the post fast n furious crap all over. right after that movie everone wanted a import and loud exaust. i dont want kids going down the road in cars trying to drift and getting creamed. The police would crackdown on all good spots and overall it wouldnt have the same distinct flavor of it that everyone loves
    thats my 2 cents

"Hi, what's your name?"
    "My name's The Search Button, I let people know when they're making topics that have already been done to death and then a bit more. Let's be friends!"
    "Oh Search Button, won't you ever learn?"

Comment

good point but...

i agree and dis agree, drifting is mainstream! its here to stay whether or not the people like it or not! but drifting still lacks the grassroots of nascar, F1,rally,skateboarding anything really. drifting still has alot of progress to become full blown,althought it partially is already. no matter what you try to do its going to end up sooner or later just like F&F is everyone wants in becuz its "cool" im only 16 and have a lot to learn but no matter what happends to drifting i will always be connected to this trend so will everyone else no matter if they actually like drifting becuz of what is is not becuz what others make it out to be....
      Riley

Comment

Frankly not many of us want drifting to go super "mainstream." If I were to see a McDonalds commercial that had some dude drift around the drive trhough I'd ultimately end up giving up drifting and resort to suicide as my past time.

Comment

Please see the 500 other "What will become of Drifting" threads, this one is closed.

Comment

Working...
          X