350z Backfiring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 350z Backfiring?

I was just wondering if anybody has made or seen a 350z backfiring. Pics also would be cool.

Whoa, dude, it maketh fire. Radical!

Find a turbo 350Z, pipe the exhaust out the side, under the driver's door or slightly behind, and run no cats and slightly rich... there's your flame right there.

Comment

Hey gridracetech, this might be a stupid question but how do you run a car slightly rich?

Comment

play around with the timing i guess

Comment

Sometimes my car shoots out flames. It's usually when I'm driving really hard and shift near redline. I do have a turbo kit and no cats and I'm running super rich. Usually to shoot flames, it's a sign of running really rich at the top end and the extra fuel just flies out the exhaust without being burned.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys! Hey Brian what kinda car do you have?

Comment

if u want great backfires get a rotary car, my car can back fire for like 5 secs or more depending on the situation

Comment

Originally posted by DrifterZ
                Hey gridracetech, this might be a stupid question but how do you run a car slightly rich?
                using a stand alone fuel management or a piggy back

or a JWT ECU because they run on the rich side

Comment

Originally posted by BlueDragon871
                  if u want great backfires get a rotary car, my car can back fire for like 5 secs or more depending on the situation
                  Just curious, can an rx-8 backfire stock since it's a rotary. I remember seeing a clip of one backfiring, but it had the Borla catback exhaust on it.

Comment

Mr. B... Brian... you wouldnt happen to be Brian Norris would you?

Comment

bang bang ;=-
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by CounterLock
                        bang bang ;=-
                        I was going to say Yuuki Izumida's 350Z backfires nicely,but I didn't have the pic of it.That was the one I was looking for,nice work.

Comment

It's funny, why is everyone so hooked on the flaming backfire thing? I think you would be more interested in figuring out how to make the rear end come out like a Drifter does.

Comment

As strange as it sounds,fire is just something we all seem to love.From the hot rodders in their old school Mercs to the guys with flame thrower kits on their trucks.The fascination of fire never ends.

Nothing roasts the tailpipes like a rotary.These engines naturally run rich,just come with some quirks(good if your dedicated,which you need to be).

Comment

Im afraid of flame throwers on cars. I went to a local meet with a friend and some hometown hot rodders were there. Some guy had HUGE flames. It was cool until random guy walked behind right when the flames came out. He caught on fire for a couple seconds. Hmm.

Comment

Working...
                              X